SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Carry & Truck Guns that obviously aren't Carried or Trucked
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Carry & Truck Guns that obviously aren't Carried or Trucked Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted
Yeah, we know you don't really carry these on your person or in your truck.

You know, the 1911 that has absolutely no wear but is your "every day carry" and that full auto SBR suppressed that you have in your Oldsmobile Bravada as your 'Truck gun'.

Examples like this - "My constant companion for decades"

Uh huh. Sure.

My "Truck Gun".

The kids down the block may believe you when you show them photos on your phone, but we don't. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yep. These are just some of those commonplace "gun forum lies", like how their WASR or Mini-14 is "sub-MOA at 500 yards all day long (if I do my part)".

Tall tales and braggadocio are not limited to gun hobbyists either.

Gun owners have pristine "EDC guns".

Preppers have 25 pounds of "survival gear that I carry in my pockets all day, every day, just in case".

Fishermen have "the one that got away" or the fish that was "THIS BIG, but then I released it".

Hunters have "the 24 point monster buck that I had in my crosshairs but just couldn't bring myself to kill such a magnificent beast".

Rinse and repeat for just about any hobby.

Posts: 32431 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
RHINOWSO, I'm going to get a Wilson Pinnacle, and carry it, just to spite you.
And when I get my stamp for my FNC....shit I don't have a truck.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want a Nighthawk, Baer, Wilson, etc. but I don't have one. Because I would carry it and then lose it if I had to use it. Even toting a Dan Wesson or Sig makes me nervous.
And I own a truck but don't keep a gun in it.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, this is a role where a glock makes more sense. That said, I'd love to have the truck gun shown above. I'd even buy a new truck to give it a nicer home.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
“Truck Guns” must meet some minimum requirements.

1-They must be adequately effective.
2-They must be functionally reliable.
3-They must withstand long periods of low maintenance in a harsh environment.
4-Their loss must be acceptable.

If you cannot answer yes to these questions, it probably shouldn’t be a truck gun. Given my list, a Glock does make a compelling choice.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8202 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Yes, IMO a $300 cop trade-in G22 is a pretty good truck pistol.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Smith SD9VE, reliable as a Glock, half the price. Perfect truck gun.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:

If you cannot answer yes to these questions, it probably shouldn’t be a truck gun. Given my list, a Glock does make a compelling choice.

My first thought is a Ruger P90

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
A Taurus Judge, close quarters effective and it'll never get uglier.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
When I left a gun in my truck, and I don't anymore, it was a polymer stocked, stainless Mini-14 that used to ride around in a St. John's County cruiser. It's not pretty, but it works.

As for pistols, I'd either use my SP 2022, or My GP 100.

As it is, I have a gun in my manbag, which also has a knife, and my wallet and license, so if I'm going anywhere, even in running shorts and a t shirt, I've got a gun in my truck.

I suppose that if I had to pick a gun to be my non-truck, truck gun that I also carry everyday, and hits everything I point it at (if I do my part), it would be this pristine Smith Mod. 19 in factory nickel, with case hardened trigger and hammer, and walnut target stocks. It never leaves my side... Cool

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12748 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
A truck gun is a nice Scorpion EVO pistol. That or your Walter 40. Bonus points if you use both like me cuz your a totally operator, and not because its just easier to place them there than anywhere else.

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:

My 'truck' gun is a beater Gen 2 G17 found at a gun show for $350.
Bought it for that very reason.
Still has the OEM 'black' parts...

Put some HD sights on it and called it a day.

Shoots better than the G19X that I recently sold.. Eek

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Truck guns or guns left in cars must get stolen more than any other avenue. Does anyone have a story to relay about the time that a gun in their truck saved their lives? How many people have had guns stolen out of their vehicles?

Posts: 551 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: July 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
Smith SD9VE, reliable as a Glock, half the price. Perfect truck gun.

I bought one new for $250 as my first gun, it was a GREAT gun aside from the 15lb trigger. Very accurate, perfect ergonomics, balance, etc. I put 7,000 rounds of cheap ammo through it and only had 1 FTE around the 6,000 round mark. Sadly I regret trading it for $175 towards a new 1911 I wanted, as thinking about it now, $175 I should've kept it as a kick around gun.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoveEgg:
Truck guns or guns left in cars must get stolen more than any other avenue. Does anyone have a story to relay about the time that a gun in their truck saved their lives? How many people have had guns stolen out of their vehicles?

I've always thought if you can get to your truck, get in it and leave.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
I have my carry piece nearly always within arms reach, even in the house. Always with me when I am in the car. Prefer not to have a gun stolen from my car/truck as I don't want to lose one, and don't want to explain to LEO how my gun got stolen from my car.

I have a long gun that goes with us when we make a road trip, or expect to be gone overnite. Along with 10 loaded magazines. Scope sighted as well.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
My truck (98 Taco) gun is whatever gun I happen to be carrying at the time. When I leave the truck, it becomes a house gun, or woods gun, or grocery store gun, or movie theater gun...

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15502 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
My truck (98 Taco) gun is whatever gun I happen to be carrying at the time. When I leave the truck, it becomes a house gun, or woods gun, or grocery store gun, or movie theater gun...

SOooooo much easier that way.

You don't have to worry about arms reach or where you stashed something. It's always right there.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
I have a motorhome gun.....
Little to no wear laying on carpet though.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GrumpyBiker,

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post