SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Crazy things you find fixing up houses—glass in paint?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Crazy things you find fixing up houses—glass in paint? Login/Join 
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted
We are fixing up a house in Arizona we bought as a rental. Nice house generally, with some weird stuff the previous owner didn’t want to fix.
Today my wife was running her hand along the wall below where new windows were put in, and cut her hand repeatedly on fine glass stuck in the paint or texture.
How does that happen?
Also on or in the epoxied concrete floor below that area. Small shards of glass.
WTF?

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I've encountered a lot of weird dumb shit, there is no end to what weirdos will do to their homes. That's pretty odd though. Pics?

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Technically Adaptive
posted Hide Post
That reminds me of a Charles Bronson movie where he set a piece of wood with rusty nails below the window for his unwanted visitors.

Posts: 1294 | Location: Willcox, AZ | Registered: September 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Might be to keep birds away from the window?

Posts: 9963 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
This is little tiny bits of glass, and it's embedded in the vinyl-coated baseboard as well as the epoxied concrete floor. Can't really get good pix.
Maybe somebody threw a glass at the wall when stuff was still wet?
Unfortunately previous owner who might have been involved died at a young age.

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
This is little tiny bits of glass, and it's embedded in the vinyl-coated baseboard as well as the epoxied concrete floor. Can't really get good pix.
Maybe somebody threw a glass at the wall when stuff was still wet?
Unfortunately previous owner who might have been involved died at a young age.

Someone probably dropped a shop light or something similar while painting and it exploded and small shards got caught in the paint or possibly the paint bucket itself and they didn't want to throw out gallon(s) of paint.

If the reason he died at a young age is because he was a drug dealer. There might be something hidden behind that wall, hence the quick paint job.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post