SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Sure could use something positive! Just can’t win around here!!! Flooded basement pg 2.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sure could use something positive! Just can’t win around here!!! Flooded basement pg 2. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Rough times ( for me), they come stay a bit and go away. Yours will get worked out and go away. Good news: I won $38.00 playing the powerball.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54504 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
The hits just keep on coming.
They did the scope and a bunch of biopsies. Celiacs is not the issue (that is a good thing I guess) but it showed a decent amount of inflammation.
So he has been prescribed omeprosol (sp??) so we’ll see how that goes. But likely not an answer to the overall issues.

So today I started to strip the deck and connected two story kids play land. That went pretty well. Tonight is trash night so I went to the basement to get the trash from the bathroom and got about 3 feet away from the bathroom and the carpet was SOAKED!! The bathroom and a corner of the basement had flooded.

I guess the pipe to my outside hose bib must have partially gave way while I was power washing today.
When I was done with the deck I shut the power washer off and was cleaning up I walked past the hose bib and thought I heard is running, guess it was!
So guess I need to get a plumber to fix it up and then finish the deck cleaning next weekend. Was hoping to stain next week but guess that won’t happen.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25356 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Omeprazole is Prilosec. Should help with the inflammation. Have taken it to heal an ulcer. Hope it works for him.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
3 days of calling plumbers.
Not one has yet to return my call!

————————————————

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
That sucks. I guess plumbers aren't essential businesses?

I had a really plugged / backed up upstairs bathroom (toilet, tub, sinks) last week, took a lot of work to fix it myself before reading the kids not to flush stupid shit down the toilet. FIL was convinced we had to call a plumber or cut through the wall to clear the pipe, but some industrial cleaner, hot ass water, and plug attempts finally got it going.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Plumbers are essential business. They have just been backed up with all the people and kids using the commode.(No pun intended).

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Finally got a plumber out. Only cost me $185 and he added a shut off inside the house for that hose bib.
But of course all the insulation was soaked so I had to rip out all the drywall in the closet and had to cut out about 6” up of drywall out in the family room.
So ripped all that out applied Concrobium to mitigate the mold on the materials I could not remove. It’s drying tonight. I’ll put in all new insulation then re drywall.

Of course it continues to suck around here.
Boys wanted milk shakes so off to Rally’s we go. Rally’s outside lane is really tight and now I have a big chunk of curb rash on my wife’s 22” chrome wheel.

Sent pictures to the mobile repair guy so we’ll see how much that is going to be to fix.
I was shocked when I saw the price from the dealer for a new factory 22” Chrome wheel.
https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/...ts/gm-wheel-84346103

————————————————

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:

I was shocked when I saw the price from the dealer for a new factory 22” Chrome wheel.

https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/...ts/gm-wheel-84346103
My friendly store manger guy at Discount Tire gave me a tip about replacement factory wheels: he sent me to a shop in the 'hood, where homie goes to get his rims, yo. The "rim store" has a good stash of factory wheels that homie traded in for his custom rims. Very cost effective.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30547 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When my Father in law lived in Florida and needed a rim he stopped at Homie's. The guy said we will get one of those tonight...I mean we will have one for you in the morning...lol

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow 92, you made me feel better.
I have been having a heck of a spring myself, but not to the degree you have. Had problems with zero turn mower $660 plus 83$ for parts the week before and a new mower deck belt this week for $99.
Tractor conked out on me. Not huge deal there.
Needed new battery in ATV and motorcycle.
Motorcycle rear brake pedal has no resistance, Need brake cylinder rebuilt.
Xbox 1 froze up. Have not figured that out. Low hours on it.
Cut a stump off today, midway thru chainsaw stopped will not restart. Went into basement and the dehumidifier is leaking water all over.
The air conditioner would not cool a week ago. had it fixed.
Drove my car that I have not driven in a few weeks and the check engine light came on.
Went into my pole barn last week and there was a small puddle on the floor, must be a leak. I just fixed a leak around a window in the pole barn.
I bought 300 tons of topsoil and according to the dump truck driver only got 260 ton.
I keep thinking it will end soon.
Hope your problems get better and are not as severe as you might think.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Jeremy,
Sorry to hear you’ve been having a rough go this year. I really hope it gets better for you.

I can relate to the curbed wheel. I had a 2017 E63 and I curbed the wheel. Ended up costing $1400 when it was all said and done. I still have the curbed wheel. I took a sander to it, and cleaned it up a little. Someday I’ll make a table out of it, or cut the face if it off, so it can hang on the wall and not stick out nine inches.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think some of it must have rubbed off on me.
I posted above how bad it has been with things breaking for me this year so far and forgot to mention the Charging Port inside my laptop went bad. I thought it was the charger and bought a new one of those. Then when that did not do it, bought a new battery. Still did nothing. Took to computer guy new internal charging port.
And then today, went down in basement to look at what I thought was the dehumidifier leaking.
Got down then and water all over now. I found the water softener was leaking from the head unit. Call plumber, Monday first he could get here. So the beat goes on.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post