SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I'm done with Duluth Trading
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm done with Duluth Trading Login/Join 
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
They did respond back before the unsubscribe from their list took hold. They acknowledge the survey and apologized and disappointed I took umbrage to them wasting five minutes of my life on their survey.

Offered me the $5 and free shipping on any order but I’d have to go to the store (free shipping?) or call my order in so they could enter the code manually.

I deleted it.

Hell. Dig it out of the trash and send it my way.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
The one feature I really dislike is the zipper. It is too short. All the way down and you still cannot get your junk out to take a piss. I have to loosen the belt and the zipper to lower the pants and get clearance.

Sounds to me like you’re bragging. Big Grin

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6395 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
The one feature I really dislike is the zipper. It is too short. All the way down and you still cannot get your junk out to take a piss. I have to loosen the belt and the zipper to lower the pants and get clearance.

Sounds to me like you’re bragging. Big Grin

Ha Ha! Smile No, I'm 74 years old and everything has shrunk up (not just the junk).

Their Fire Hose pants have only a 6" zipper. Other brands I've worn (such as 5.11 cargo pants) have a 7" zipper, and I suspect 7" is more normally found, as I've never had this problem until I got the Fire Hose pants.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10784 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
They make a product that you admittedly like, as evidenced by the fact that most of your wardrobe consists of their stuff, and your statement that you like their quality and style.

And they tried to make it right by offering to compensate you for your five whole minutes of "wasted" time, even going beyond the $5 that was originally offered, which you rejected outright. In fact, you didn't even want to give them the opportunity to make it right at all, by initially demanding that they not reply to your bitch at all.

Yet you're willing to ignore all that and write them off outright, based on an insignificant slight which they tried to make right.

C'mon. 5 minutes of your time? Really? You're retired, so you apparently have plenty of free time... You were initially willing to spend 5 minutes to get $5 off, but then rejected getting $5 off plus free shipping for that same 5 minutes, just because you felt minorly slighted. I'd be willing to bet that you've willingly spent more than 5 minutes of your time here on the forum on insignificant stuff. And how many minutes have you willingly spent watching inane TV shows or online videos in the past few days?

Sounds to me like you're just being a curmudgeon.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
I have taken these type of surveys years ago and the way they terminate the thing can really leave you kinda pissed.

The data they wanted was probably predicated on experiences with the other brands. I understand that. But instead, how hard would it be for them to just bullshit you with a few more questions and then thank you for your time and cut you loose? They can discard the data (like you know they do already) and they don't piss off a good number of people (like you know they do).

People....are stupid.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7252 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
People....are stupid.

Marketing/advertisers are the green slime in the mudhole. I keep getting 'debt consolidation' offers from banks that I have accounts/debt with (car loan, mortgage, etc), that have pulled my credit in the last year or so & should know that I have no debt besides car, mortgage & student loans, which are all 1/2 the interest of the stupid debt consolidation loan.

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post