SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I'm done with Duluth Trading
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm done with Duluth Trading Login/Join 
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted
Much of my wardrobe is comprised of their clothing. I bought a large amount of stuff from them the past several years. So I get a email from them the other day asking if I would participate in a survey for a $5 off coupon on my next order. Five bucks off their stuff does not make much of a difference and I had some extra time so what the heck I'll play.

About 5 minutes into it and answering about 20 questions I get a message that I'm not the type of participant they are looking for sorry end of survey. I rarely participate in surveys or leave reviews on products so when I gave them my time of day and then they blow me off I was pissed!

Sent their cs a email telling them I was kind enough to give my time and participate in their little survey then after taking five minutes of my time they tell me to piss off! Told them I have probably a couple thousand of dollars worth of their clothing but I will never buy another stitch from them again. Don't bother to respond because I am unsubscribing from their email list and if a response does come through I will delete without reading it. Mad

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Most of their shit is made by the GDC’s in China anyways. Fuck them.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
Most of their shit is made by the GDC’s in China anyways. Fuck them.

And there's that. Not much out there for American made clothing or textiles of any kind. That was one of the first industries to move out. But I plan on searching them out and buying what I can.

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Well now yer gonna stink and pinch all day long

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
True, they're made overseas.

But Duluth has better quality standards and quality control than most. Even US-made clothing.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
It seems mostly made in Vietnam clothing.

I got pissed at our local brick and mortar Duluth store last year when the store general manager refused to replace an item of clothing that became unstitched. It wasn't torn or damaged, the stitching became undone.

She refused to replace it, I phoned Duluth's customer service and got it replaced.

That certainly was the opposite of their satisfaction guaranteed period guarantee.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
They modified their guarantee, IIRC. Used to be their guarantee period, lifetime. Guess too many people were taking advantage of it.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3296 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
True, they're made overseas.

But Duluth has better quality standards and quality control than most. Even US-made clothing.

Agree.

I’ve got a store near my house and shop there monthly; have never had anything but the greatest of experiences and I beat the shit out of the clothing I get from them.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like their jeans. I hate their socks. Like they suck suck.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
I like some of their stuff but gave up because buying more than one color of something often yielded widely varying levels of quality, plus the same item and size could be anywhere from too tight to ridiculously baggy. Those are deal breakers for me with online merchants.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
It seems mostly made in Vietnam clothing...

I agree. And, I have no idea what Duluth is, but these days, most clothing made overseas are not made in Chicom. They're all from Viet Nam and many other 3rd world countries. At least, from what I see around here.

Q

Posts: 26349 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Now I'm wondering what the questions and the answers were in the survey. I'm assuming it was multiple choice answers.

Posts: 3375 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I love, and wear exclusively, their Fire Hose work pants and shorts (and also the lighter Duluth-flex version). Plenty of pockets, great for shooting competition. And one of the pockets on top of the cargo pocket is perfect for a cell phone. It is covered by the flap, so the phone cannot fall out. One feature I especially like on the cargo pockets is the flaps are shortened so they fit inside the pocket, and even have velcro inside to hold the flaps there. The one feature I really dislike is the zipper. It is too short. All the way down and you still cannot get your junk out to take a piss. I have to loosen the belt and the zipper to lower the pants and get clearance. This may not be a problem for some body shapes (I'm thinking of someone with a gut who wears the pants lower down).

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10782 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not complaining about their product quality or style only complaint I had was their use of velcro was a bit overused. I prefer buttons on pocket flaps and their velcro was to aggressive. I always loved their stuff but they just pissed me off. I've spent some time searching for made in USA clothing but the pickings are slim but I will buy from those merchants what I can. My wardrobe is sufficient enough for now I shouldn't have to buy anything out of need for awhile.

Questions were multiple choice. They would list other brands like Columbia, North Face etc. asking if you were familiar with them and when the last time you purchased that brand. Questions like that.

If I can't fulfill my clothing needs with American made in the future I will switch to Carhartt clothing which is at least as good if not better as DT in quality and styles.

chillin out
Picture of florida boy
posted Hide Post
I have both DT and Carhartt long and short sleeve t-shirts and I like Carhartt better.

I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry

Posts: 3813 | Location: Union County, Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
So I re read your post and after reading it the second time it appears that you complained to CS and told them there was nothing they could do to make you happy? And to not contact you?

Sounds like they may have made it right but you weren't willing to let them!

Posts: 7795 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I would be extremely surprised if they didn't offer at least a $5 credit (if in fact they requested the survey and the OP wasn't phished).

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Local tool store advertised a similar thing for one of the tool manufacturers they carry. Answering the survey entered one in a chance to win a very nice angle grinder.

I got about three questions in and got the same thing: Essentially "We're not interested in your views/information/feedback/opinion/what-have-you."

Ok, I can understand that. They were almost certainly looking for info from the kind of people, professionals, contractors, etc., that buy $250 angle grinders. That's not me. I get that. In that case just take my info and toss it in the "don't care" bucket. But it's stupid to tell me "You don't matter to us." It's insulting.

I suspect that's what really has LMS' shorts in a twist.

(Btw: I own a relatively expensive set of said tool manufacturer's higher-end twist drill bits.)

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
But it's stupid to tell me "You don't matter to us." It's insulting

^^^^^^^^^^
They usually say "Your call is very important to us." Same thing.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They did respond back before the unsubscribe from their list took hold. They acknowledge the survey and apologized and disappointed I took umbrage to them wasting five minutes of my life on their survey.

Offered me the $5 and free shipping on any order but I’d have to go to the store (free shipping?) or call my order in so they could enter the code manually.

I deleted it.