SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    --Welcome to...

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
--Welcome to... Login/Join 
Picture of fpuhan
posted
In the grand scheme of trivial things that get your goat:

It seems the new tactic of mass-marketers (email spammers) is to "welcome" you to their site/product/scam via email. It seems my spam filter is now picking up dozens of these so-called friendly "welcome" messages.

You know, "Welcome to the world's best weight loss program." Or, "Welcome to the Debt Relief Center." Or, "Welcome to the Men's Personal Enhancement Site," or stupid shit like this.

Why are you "welcoming" me to a site I've never visited, have no interest in, and wouldn't consider even if I had a faint interst in? To me, this just shows a lack of creativity on the part of people whose whole existence relies on being creative in an attempt to drum up business based on blind spearchucking.

At least they're easy to identify with their common subject line, which usually starts as "--Welcome to." I can stop reading at this point and send the message off to the big bit bucket in the sky.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Report This Post