SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Hats off too ER people
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hats off too ER people Login/Join 
posted
Spent 4 hours in the waiting area. It was like Wal-mart only worse. Wal-mart's bathroom may have been cleaner. Employees seem to take it in stride.

Posts: 1395 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear you had an unpleasant visit. the ER's around here are spotless, at least the three we typically take patients to. The receiving teams at the ER's are generally in good mood.

I do hope all is well.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Just another night in the ER.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
According to a lady here, she worked in the e.r. for three years,

All three shifts,
The term " Emergency" covers many,many aspects of health.

She says that less than a third of the patients were in need of emergency treatment.

She saw 1/3 if the people that could have seen a g.p. doctor ,three days ago,had they not stalled, and would have been fine,just fine.

And another one third were lonely, or drug seekers.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54492 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
According to a lady here, she worked in the e.r. for three years,

All three shifts,
The term " Emergency" covers many,many aspects of health.

She says that less than a third of the patients were in need of emergency treatment.

She saw 1/3 if the people that could have seen a g.p. doctor ,three days ago,had they not stalled, and would have been fine,just fine.

And another one third were lonely, or drug seekers.

That's about what I saw.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Spouse diverticulitis. Had been on antibiotics 10 days. Sent to ER. ER said could not rule it out. Gave her IV and sent her home with script for 10 more days of Augmentin. Have no idea why she is in pain. Maybe shingles ? No rash
Employees were excellent and very busy. Had a patient in back screaming for a sandwich cause he was hangry

Posts: 1395 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Well ours right now with the, "No Visitors" you wouldn't even be allowed spend that 4 hours in the waiting room.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post