SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Ungratefulness
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ungratefulness Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
Nothing like saving a patient's life only to be called an asshole.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Suicide attempt?

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Overdose?

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23100 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When my daughter was small she had some kind of breathing incident and my wife I decided the ER was in order...We took her to closest hospital (Arrowhead - Not sure where Z71 works). She was miserable, scared and crying but they were able to get her breathing freely again. At the end she needed a shot and all parties present braced for the worst. Needle when in, then out and my little daughter looked up and said "thank you".

The nurse just laughed and said in all the years they have been in medicine they had never had anyone, never mind a child, thank them for a shot.

Some of us appreciate what you do Smile

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was sent on a family fight and as I approached the male half, he was standing on the porch with his back to me.
At this point, I should note that no one bothered to report that this dude had a gun!
When I was about 6 feet away, he suddenly turned to face me and had the muzzle of a .22 rifle under his chin. He pulled the trigger. The slug passed through the right side of his head and out the top of his skull. He had a surprised look on his face, as he expected to die and didn't. I snatched the gun away. He said "Shoot me". I declined.
I saw him in a bar about a year later. He asked me why I did not shoot him. I told him that we did not know each other well enough to do favors for each other.
He laughed.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
...He asked me why I did not shoot him. I told him that we did not know each other well enough to do favors for each other.
He laughed.

Now, that's cool, both your response and his laughing about it!

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good story. What kind of person kills themselves?

Our small town just had a young adult kill himself. Never made sense to me?

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
A suicide or an OD, I could almost understand the response. Wouldn't be happy about it, but at least it wouldn't have pissed me off. This was a reversal of an anaphylactic reaction to medication. I explained what had happened and that we would hold for a little while to observe to make sure everything was ok. Nope, not ok, patient had better things to do and wanted to be discharged immediately.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
A suicide or an OD, I could almost understand the response. Wouldn't be happy about it, but at least it wouldn't have pissed me off. This was a reversal of an anaphylactic reaction to medication. I explained what had happened and that we would hold for a little while to observe to make sure everything was ok. Nope, not ok, patient had better things to do and wanted to be discharged immediately.

I have had that sort of thing happen. One thing I like to do before I see my physician is to thank him for seeing me. At the end I typically say something like thank you for your help today. This sort of thing from patients helps offset jerks like this.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:

Working in the ER, you should be used to these things by now. No need to let it get to you.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Usually that means they need to get back to their alcohol or drugs.

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post