SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I'm officially old...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm officially old... Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
I'm not sure how this signifies that you're old.
We Old Guys, genuine Geezer card-holders, have run very low in terms of ability to tolerate crap.

Correct. We want to eat in peace, preferably about 4pm, Big Grin

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
Paul,

Take a side trip to Jay's Sporting Goods in Claire, north of town on 127, about twenty five minutes from you. I've only been there once but was impressed. How long are you in the state for?

I would if I were on a solo trip but we're only here for two days and I don't see the wife appreciating that.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The TR in Findaly Ohio has good food. Of course it is loud too.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bjor13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
Arrived at our destination after 2 days and 1250 miles.

Decided on a whim to eat at Texas Roadhouse. BAD idea. Food: a 6 at best. Atmosphere: downright fucking annoying.

Texas road house just sucks - doesn't make you old. Have you yelled at kids to get off your lawn yet?

Posts: 1017 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: September 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bjor13:
quote:
Arrived at our destination after 2 days and 1250 miles.

Decided on a whim to eat at Texas Roadhouse. BAD idea. Food: a 6 at best. Atmosphere: downright fucking annoying.

Texas road house just sucks - doesn't make you old. Have you yelled at kids to get off your lawn yet?

No, but I've bitched at tourists that think it's okay to park in my driveway while they yak with the real estate crook next door. Does that count?

posted Hide Post
I go to the local one once every couple of months. I get the 10 oz sirloin, baked potato with the works, and usually green beans or corn depending upon the season. Food is a bargain, and pretty decent. I also love the rolls and butter. Always have to bring some home for the warden. If you want quiet, try Outback instead.

Posts: 652 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Set out once to become the world's greatest procrastinator, but never got around to it
Picture of Fdan
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
We Old Guys, genuine Geezer card-holders, have run very low in terms of ability to tolerate crap.

Crossed the 71 marker last year. I find my tolerance levels for many, many things are "not what they used to be..." Things that either never previously annoyed me (or that I wasn't even aware of) now can set me off. My long-suffering wife has so far withstood my increasingly frequent rants on silly topics of little-to-no importance. But it seems to be getting worse. So yes, my ability to tolerate crap has all but disappeared with advancing age and crotchety-ness. Perhaps it's simply part of "the grand plan" for all of us. Smile

Posts: 1983 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ridewv:
On the Yamaha?

Nope Corolla. Last two trips I took the Tundra and now I know why...mileage be damned.

Yah drove a Corolla? Inda public? I didn't need to heah that. Turn in yah Manly Maine card at Albany on da way back, please.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Times is hard at the bbq eateries. Big Grin

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fdan:
quote:
quote:

Crossed the 71 marker last year. I find my tolerance levels for many, many things are "not what they used to be..." Things that either never previously annoyed me (or that I wasn't even aware of) now can set me off. My long-suffering wife has so far withstood my increasingly frequent rants on silly topics of little-to-no importance. But it seems to be getting worse. So yes, my ability to tolerate crap has all but disappeared with advancing age and crotchety-ness. Perhaps it's simply part of "the grand plan" for all of us. Smile

I would hate to see what I'll be like at 71. I'm as you describe now at 56. Eek

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6476 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post