SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I'm officially old...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm officially old... Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
Arrived at our destination after 2 days and 1250 miles.

Decided on a whim to eat at Texas Roadhouse. BAD idea. Food: a 6 at best. Atmosphere: downright fucking annoying.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Sorry, should probably mention that SWMBO and I are on a week long road trip, Maine to Michigan and return. Just got to Mount Pleasant.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Decided on a whim to eat at Texas Roadhouse. BAD idea. Food: a 6 at best. Atmosphere: downright fucking annoying.

I agree. It sucks.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I live in Texas, and generally avoid eating at any chain restaurant that has "Texas" in the name.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I avoid chains altogether. Yelp and other food apps make eating at them completely avoidable.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Yeah, you made a bad choice, Texas Roadhouse used to be OK when they first opened. For a very short period. Maybe a month or two.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
There's a TR in Willoughby,Oh that's been good to me. Is that the one?

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
I ate there once because some friends wanted to go. Never again- mediocre food and waaay too loud. The only part that was worth it was that my son, who was just a little guy at the time, was thoroughly fascinated that it was okay to eat peanuts and throw the shells on the floor.

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What, you don't like wait staff line dancing while you're eating your steak?

Peanuts are good.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Texas Roadhouse, agreed.

We have a chain called Texas Land and Cattle. They have some smoked sirloin that is fantastic.

I'm not a fan of chains, but credit where it's due Wink

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11446 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigfest:
There's a TR in Willoughby,Oh that's been good to me. Is that the one?

Nope, Mount Pleasant, Michigan. Home of CMU

Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
On the Yamaha?

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7039 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Paul,

Take a side trip to Jay's Sporting Goods in Claire, north of town on 127, about twenty five minutes from you. I've only been there once but was impressed. How long are you in the state for?

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
They also have a military surplus store on site. Last time I was there they had some surplus (and pretty rough 6X6's for sale. My fantasy toy to go and run over stuff with........

Claire is also home for the "Cops and Donuts" shop, on the main street in town.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
texas road house :holler if you really like loud

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
My younger son always wants to eat there. I decline for just the reasons mentioned. There are other places I can't stand, too. The very worst is the "Waffle House" chain. Bad food, bad smells, bad service, too much noise.

I had a granddaughter who had been seeing the local version and had been clamoring to eat there. So one morning I took her. It was an eye opener for her. Her first words inside the door was "it stinks". She didn't even like the metal and plastic decor. The food came and she could only take a few bites. Too awful. Around here its gotten the reputation for being a place where drunks go before swerving their way home.

While I tend to agree with the comments above about chains and especially those with "Texas" in the name, our local version of Longhorn Steak House isn't always terrible. Its my guess that the places with "Texas" aren't run by Texans. Just yankees trying to make a dishonest buck by appropriating the name.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Paul, you're not old, people are just loud and obnoxious anymore. They all try to out asshole each other with no consideration of how those around them feel about it. I think the problem stems from people having their heads so far up their own asses that they can't hear what's going on around them, so they make up for it by yelling so others can hear.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure how this signifies that you're old.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
I'm not sure how this signifies that you're old.
We Old Guys, genuine Geezer card-holders, have run very low in terms of ability to tolerate crap.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridewv:
On the Yamaha?

Nope Corolla. Last two trips I took the Tundra and now I know why...mileage be damned.