SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    My “Deal” – gas priced with 1/10¢ resolution
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My “Deal” – gas priced with 1/10¢ resolution Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
Made sense when gas prices were an order of magnitude lower, but ridiculous nowadays. I’ve never anything other than 9/10 for 30 years or more. If the “9/10” was removed the useful part of the price could be larger – easier to read.

Assume that the stations would round up to the next whole cent if the “9/10” was removed. Big deal – 2¢ more to fill a 20 gallon tank.

Edit: No, I’m not holding my breath waiting for this to change.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Pipe Smoker,

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8935 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
people are passionate about gas prices,

when I was in the grocery business, one customer drove up to me raising hell as I walked back from the road sign to the fuel center,

I have lowered the price per gallon 2 cents,, while she was shopping after she had filled up,

and she demanded compensation,, then and now,

she had bought 25 gals to fill up her big ass SUV,

I told her she would need to follow me back to the store to get her refund, I did not have any change in my pocket,,

she looked confused and stated she did not want to go back inside, I needed to take care of her now,,,
I reminded her that 25gal x's 2 cents was 50 cents

she gave me a look and drove off

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:

she looked confused and stated she did not want to go back inside, I needed to take care of her now,,,

You misunderstood - she wanted the 2 cents on every gallon she'd ever bought from you.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12406 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:

You misunderstood - she wanted the 2 cents on every gallon she'd ever bought from you.

EVER!!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post