SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Boss said no political meme, and what happened?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Boss said no political meme, and what happened? Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Sometimes, I wonder if some of these folks just deliberately want to tank the thread. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
But where ever would someone find a place to discuss shift patterns and red shirt characters. Hmmm... Confused

There could be a thread for that somewhere...

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Sometimes, I wonder if some of these folks just deliberately want to tank the thread. Roll Eyes

I hope not, because it's not fair to everyone else.

They can post in here that they acknowledge the simple criteria for each thread, and things will be opened again.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Damn it ! This pisses me off no end. BOTH meme threads are now closed due to stupidity. WTFO is wrong with people?
#$%^&*(&%!!!! Mad Mad Red Face

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
WELL...SON. OF. A. BITCH!!! Mad

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see those guilty of breaking the rules held responsible for their actions instead of fucking up things for the rest of us. Some of these jokers seem to have gotten things locked up tighter than a nuns knees on more than one occasion. Put them on time out for a week or two....maybe they'll get the hint

edited to add: not trying to be preachy towards the admins or tell anyone how to run a forum, just stating my desire to see those responsible to be held accountable.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BrianC:
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
Dammit! I was checking that thread more often than the Cat Thread and the Cigars Thread combined!

And don't get me started on cats with cigars!

Shhir!!! I remumble that...(hic)

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Interesting idea there, mutedblade. Instead of locking the thread, suspend the offender's posting privilege for a while.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Whoops. I missed the rules 5 or 6 pages back in the meme thread. My fault. I found them after digging backwards after a WTF moment when I saw that I was the last to post when it was locked.

Sorry, guys!

quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Damn it ! This pisses me off no end. BOTH meme threads are now closed due to stupidity. WTFO is wrong with people?
#$%^&*(&%!!!! Mad Mad Red Face

Nope and...nope. Simple mistake on my part.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17246 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Interesting idea there, mutedblade. Instead of locking the thread, suspend the offender's posting privilege for a while.

Guys that's not going to happen. Moderated status is for actually serious infractions.

Arc.

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
If it is my posting of James woods tweet that got it looked the please delete as I can not. I honestly didn't think that approached a violation

Posts: 5720 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tuckerrnr1:
If it is my posting of James woods tweet that got it looked the please delete as I can not. I honestly didn't think that approached a violation

Yes, your post got the thread locked.

It boils down to making fun of michelle obama's appearance. It's right in the title of the thread.

Arc.

posted Hide Post
As little moderation as possible because we behave?

There's only a few rules. Maybe 6 like fingers on your hand.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Who has six fingers on one hand?!

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Who has six fingers on one hand?!

Whoever he is, he ought to prepare to die. He killed someone's father.

Posts: 3657 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Maybe not killing pops was a good idea, but he could type faster than most. Big Grin

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Jbcummings.. what are you doing?

I'm done editing that thread guys. No one sees it happen, so people post with impunity.

It's just going to get locked when the basic rules get broken. Maybe the folks who slip up will catch on, and won't make the same mistake.

In case anyone missed it, don't quote peoples posts, you're cluttering the thread with already posted content.

If you want to discuss posted memes, there is a thread for that.

Eventually, this will run smoothly, once everybody is on board. I hope. Maybe.

Arc.

Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbcummings:
"I like to ignore rules!"

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
FFS. How hard can this possibly be?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
quote:
Originally posted by jbcummings:
"I like to ignore rules!"

Just saw that too and waiting for the Thread Locking Fairy to show up. Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post