SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Boss said no political meme, and what happened?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Boss said no political meme, and what happened? Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
It's a good idea to actually read a thread completely before you post in it.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
It's a good idea to actually read a thread completely before you post in it.

Ya think?

Roll Eyes

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Mad Frown

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
At least it went out with a toilet joke. Wink

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Agreed, I was really enjoying that thread, too. Pity.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dammit! I was checking that thread more often than the Cat Thread and the Cigars Thread combined!

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
It was my daily favorite.... until some ass-wipe had to go ignore the boss and screw it up for the rest of us!!! Mad

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4550 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Yep...I'm convinced some people have zero reading comprahension skills...Para was very clear about it...it's sad really...that WAS a great thread bringing smiles till someone screwed it all up after being warned Confused Frown Mad ...oh well.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This is correctable. See if you can figure out how.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Has it been removed - yet?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Witticism pending...
Picture of KBobAries
posted Hide Post
I saw the lock in the lounge and started a thread before I saw this one. My OP below.

"Locked meme thread."

That thread ran for 8 months and provided some great laughs. Now it's finished thanks to some.

Evidently a few haven't been here long enough to know that Para means what he says. Perhaps they chose to ignore his warnings. Maybe they haven't learned that when members veer away from civil discourse the mods will step in. I suppose it could be they don't know how to "find" on a web page. On a Mac it's "command f" then type para. Or lbj. Or arc. Just in case the tone of the thread hasn't clued them in to the fact that a bit of caution is advised. Whatever... a humorous bright spot to start the day is gone.

EDITED TO REMOVE INSULT AND APOLIGZE. MY NAME CALLING TOWARD ANOTHER MEMBER WAS INAPPROPRIATE.

Dan

This message has been edited. Last edited by: KBobAries,

I'm not as illiterate as my typos would suggest.

Posts: 3529 | Location: Big city, SW state, alleged republic | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KBobAries:
I saw the lock in the lounge and started a thread before I saw this one. My OP below.

Why didn't you delete your duplicate thread? There are no replies to it.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
this is why we can't have nice things.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Witticism pending...
Picture of KBobAries
posted Hide Post
Deleted.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: KBobAries,

I'm not as illiterate as my typos would suggest.

Posts: 3529 | Location: Big city, SW state, alleged republic | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Ugliest fish ever. At least I saw it before the thread was locked.

How do we do a virtual version of a bar of soap in a pillow sack on the offenders? Let’s get that thread resurrected!

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8200 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Almost fury when I saw that. It has been my needed daily laugh.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12304 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
Has it been removed - yet?

Once it is closed can someone even delete their post? I tested the theory and it didn't seem to offer the option.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10917 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Once it is closed can someone even delete their post? I tested the theory and it didn't seem to offer the option.

Nope....but a mea culpa in the Office by the offender might be a good start.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12304 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I started to type a reply, deleted it, started to type another, deleted that one, rinse, repeat.

Let me just say, as gently as I can: there are political threads. Political stuff can be posted in an existing political thread, or a new thread can be started if appropriate.

When the owner of this forum tells us to keep political stuff out of a thread that is supposed to be there for (non-political) humor, that direction should be followed.

I don't know how Parabellum would react, but I think it's worth a try for the person who posted the political item to remove it and send a thoughtful apology to him. Couldn't hurt to try.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post