SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Boss said no political meme, and what happened?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Boss said no political meme, and what happened? Login/Join 
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
lolwut?

Quote and comments in the meme thread. The Boss specifically forbid them about page 100, many others have pointed to that but folks can’t break the code.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Oh, I thought you were ranting at V-Tail. Nevermind, carry on.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
I wish people would do as Arc requested and manage their posts. I was going back through the first 50 pages, and there are whole pages with nothing but dead links.

Just Do It! Fix your damn posts!

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8200 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
People can't delete their posts, but if they wanted to update their old posts with a newly hosted photo that would be sweet.

Going through and simply deleting the dead stuff definitely tightens up the thread, but it's a bit of a slog.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
People can't delete their posts, ...

I just deleted a post in the memes thread from 2017. Confused

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Ok, who knows why the thread is locked, AGAIN, this time? Let's see a raise of hands. Mad

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Ok, who knows why the thread is locked, AGAIN, this time? Let's see a raise of hands. Mad

Phuckety phuckty puk puk.

Frown

Proper use of "it's" and "its" was too hard to pass up.

Props to the Fairy God of Locks for being so quick though. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
quote:
People can't delete their posts, ...

I just deleted a post in the memes thread from 2017. Confused

Hey, if people deleting their own posts is working, and folks can help tidy the thread, that would be great.

Arc.

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
via Imgflip Meme Generator

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
There is a thread devoted to political memes guys.

Please follow the simple guidelines of each thread.

Arc.

Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:

There was a thread devoted to political memes.

Hopefully it can reopen. It's been one of my favorites.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Maybe we need a thread with a meme about memes about memes about memes. But then, that would be a meme...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Maybe we need a thread with a meme about memes about memes about memes. But then, that would be a meme...

I don't think I'd temp posting a meme on this thread.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
quote:

There was a thread devoted to political memes.

Hopefully it can reopen. It's been one of my favorites.

That thread has a key hint right in the title about what not to do. Editing/deleting individual posts doesn't seem to get the point across about these threads. Perhaps someone can edit their post in that thread and it can be reopened.

Arc.

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

I don't think I'd temp posting a meme on this thread.

You would be wrong, but then, that's not the pint.

"INSIDE BASEBALL - BATTERUPPPP!!!"

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
So does someone email the offender?

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BrianC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
Dammit! I was checking that thread more often than the Cat Thread and the Cigars Thread combined!

And don't get me started on cats with cigars!

"Television is called a medium because nothing on it is well done." -- Fred Allen

Posts: 11139 | Location: Here. Now. | Registered: August 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
JFC people. How many times before people figure it out?

Posts: 3653 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
...and scene.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...5/m/6520084424/p/200

Mad

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12304 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post