SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Boss said no political meme, and what happened?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Boss said no political meme, and what happened? Login/Join 
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
People did that?? What the hell is that crap? "Calling out" on the forum: bad.

Disagree on this point. Emphatically.

I don't think we're on the same page as to what "calling out" means. I'm talking about members who are not admins starting new threads. They have no business doing that. There were at least two of these, which (correctly in my view) got locked.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
They were venting about another member appearing to disregard what para had instructed people not to do. It happens all the time. Nothing wrong with it.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
To politics in non-political threads and clickbait thread subjects add "criticizing appearance."

I can understand a n00b doing it, but a member with a metric buttload of time and posts?

What. The. Actual. Frack?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Add that stupid "Rick Rolled" song / video crap too.

It has become beyond tiresome.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Witticism pending...
Picture of KBobAries
posted Hide Post
lastmanstanding,

I'd like to publicly apologize for my name calling toward you on page one of this thread. That post has been edited and I want to acknowledge my poor behavior toward you.

I'm sorry,

Dan

I'm not as illiterate as my typos would suggest.

Posts: 3529 | Location: Big city, SW state, alleged republic | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:

Man you are all kinds of worked up about this aren't you? Come to a completely unrelated thread to bitch, impressive.

Here, click on >>>>This Link<<<< for some relaxing music to put you at ease from all your stress.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:

Man you are all kinds of worked up about this aren't you? Come to a completely unrelated thread to bitch, impressive.

Here, click on >>>>This Link<<<< for some relaxing music to put you at ease from all your stress.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10918 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not funny.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Stop doing that fucking shit. Cease and desist. Never again. I mean it. Never again.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Stop doing that fucking shit. Cease and desist. Never again. I mean it. Never again.
Thank you.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Here, click on [elided link] for some relaxing music to put you at ease from all your stress.

Thanks, Para.

It was amusing the first few times, but some people just cannot seem to realize a thing has run its course and has become merely tedious.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Locked again. These aren't even newbies posting.

I don't even follow the Thread But I do read all the Locked Posts for clues on what to avoid.

Read all of Paras posts for guidance and wisdom. I learned about re-inflating the eyeball with nitrogen.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Just unreal. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
*Hoo-Boy!* Mad

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
Un-freakin-believable!!! Some people simply do NOT have a clue! It’s like the light is on but nobody is home.... Mad

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4551 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
Why can people not listen and pay attention.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6474 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
How the fracking hell can somebody be here nine (9) years, post nearly 5,000 times, and not know any better than to post political memes to a thread that's already been cleaned up at least once and locked at least once due to members...

...posting political memes to it?

Even more astonishingly: Apparently somebody else had just done the same, been warned by other members, and removed the offending post.

WTF, over?

posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/lj60OAh7O5U

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8321 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Welcome to my world. Many times, I sit staring at the screen, mouth agape, trying to count the times I've mentioned some thing or other, to no avail.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I somehow recall all of this being covered in the waiver. And it was in BOLD PRINT.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8321 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post