SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Boss said no political meme, and what happened?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Boss said no political meme, and what happened? Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
God dammit who killed the thread this time. I need a little simple joy in my life.

If I take simple joy in a gay three way with a chicken....that’s my business so please don’t cock that up.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like arc with his stalin meme...

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Might be the quote/repost from Jan 30 by jb

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Apparently it's destined to be too complicated for too many chowder heads to get it. Multi-year multi-post chowder heads. Far, far too many rules.

No comments
No quotes
No politics
No making fun of appearance

Might as well just perma-lock it.

eta - the same frackin idiot was part of the comment and quote-athon this summer that led to a lock, and if you look back at his posts in that thread most of those in past year are just that. Again, it's the same people it seems and as someone noted above they may be intentional by this point.

eta2 - did jbcummins actually post the quoted line from page 7 here? That's just remarkably inconsiderate if so. Not to mention so fucking stupid it's hard to believe he can walk upright.

V-tail - the rules are easy. You've quoted and commented in the thread before too leading up to a lock and seemed oblivious then and now. It's not just politics. The boss went out of his way months ago to explain that it was for memes and pics only. Not discussion, not repeats and quotes, just images.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I don't understand what's going on. I don't see anything political in the recent posts to that thread. Either something has been deleted, or it's there and I'm just not seeing it.

Can somebody 'splain for me, so that I'll understand? I'm not protesting, nor arguing, I just don't understand. Am I really that dense? (don't answer that, it's a rhetorical question)

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Hey guys, do you ever look to see if you've read all new posts in a thread?

Page 7:

quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
Jbcummings.. what are you doing?

I'm done editing that thread guys. No one sees it happen, so people post with impunity.

It's just going to get locked when the basic rules get broken. Maybe the folks who slip up will catch on, and won't make the same mistake.

In case anyone missed it, don't quote peoples posts, you're cluttering the thread with already posted content.

If you want to discuss posted memes, there is a thread for that.

Eventually, this will run smoothly, once everybody is on board. I hope. Maybe.

This isn't new, but I guess some folks have missed it.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Would you like
a sandwich?
Picture of Dreamerx4
posted Hide Post
Please disregard, meant no harm.

Posts: 1044 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dreamerx4:
Just a curiosity question.

Since it is the same person, or couple people that continue to derail a thread, would the mods be open to simply putting said folks on a moderated status?

Holy shit! Or just the post above yours from arc for a hint perhaps?

quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
Hey guys, do you ever look to see if you've read all new posts in a thread?

Might want to at least look at arc or para posts in this or other threads before posting. Generally a good idea.

Why ask the man the same question a day later?

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/mlrL6Mdg85M

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Would you like
a sandwich?
Picture of Dreamerx4
posted Hide Post
You are right, I did not see that they have been really busy trying to do just that, I am certain it is quite frustrating.

Sorry Arc, meant no disrespect.

Posts: 1044 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Hey look everyone!

Time to lock the thread again!

Considering how many times basic instructions have been reiterated, this is getting pretty ridiculous.

Arc.

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
Unbelievable that grown men can't follow simple, basic rules, and it frustrates me to no end that you feel you must lock the thread... but at the same time I fully understand and would likely do the same! Oi.... carry on. You do a good job here and have more patience than I most days!

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4551 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I did not see anything offensive. Am I dense? Or did I just miss it? Or maybe it was removed?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Angry Korean
with a Dark Soul
Picture of Windhover
posted Hide Post
V-tail, enough is enough! You CANNOT continue this “oh I just don’t understand” act! Frankly, it’s not at all believable and starting to get real old.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Angry Korean
with a Dark Soul
Picture of Windhover
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
Apparently it's destined to be too complicated for too many chowder heads to get it. Multi-year multi-post chowder heads. Far, far too many rules.

No comments
No quotes
No politics
No making fun of appearance

Might as well just perma-lock it.

eta - the same frackin idiot was part of the comment and quote-athon this summer that led to a lock, and if you look back at his posts in that thread most of those in past year are just that. Again, it's the same people it seems and as someone noted above they may be intentional by this point.

eta2 - did jbcummins actually post the quoted line from page 7 here? That's just remarkably inconsiderate if so. Not to mention so fucking stupid it's hard to believe he can walk upright.

V-tail - the rules are easy. You've quoted and commented in the thread before too leading up to a lock and seemed oblivious then and now. It's not just politics. The boss went out of his way months ago to explain that it was for memes and pics only. Not discussion, not repeats and quotes, just images.

I just quoted in its entirety the post by georgeair which was immediately above your post ON THIS PAGE. So, either you don’t read the thread at all, in which case you can’t really credibly make comments or make demands someone explain thing to you, since the rules were already explained many times. Or you do read and choose to act “dense” to get a reaction out of some of us.

I regret I rose to the bait.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I did not see anything offensive. Am I dense? Or did I just miss it? Or maybe it was removed?

You don't see it because once the offending member registered that they understood, I deleted the post(s).

This is done in an effort to keep the thread tidy and meme enjoyment maximized.

The rules for the meme threads, namely no commenting or quoting, are meant to not unduly bloat the pages of each thread.

If anyone is interested, over time I've trimmed about 40 pages of chitchat and quoted pictures from the meme thread. Dead links and expired pictures as well.

About the only thing difficult to edit for, would be people posting duplicate memes directly, I'm sure it has occurred.

But, when someone quotes a picture, just to say "lol." it jacks the page count and doesn't add a thing to the thread.

These meme threads are unique, and the effort is to keep them tidy, open, and fun. Considering there is now a seperate discussion thread for any foggy memes, and these threads have been running a while, one would think that folks had become accustomed to the rules of the meme threads.

In the case of "don't make fun of someones appearance," that is a rule that is not at all new, applies everywhere, and is best not tested with a meme. There is really no good reason to risk a whole thread getting locked or potentially deleted just because you want to call someone ugly, fat, or mannish.

Arc.

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Am I dense?

No more than Osmium.

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Give that a rest.

Arc.

Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
nhtagmember

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
not again.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
not again.

Repeat offender?

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post