SIGforum
The forum search function worked for me

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/2870089534

January 11, 2018, 05:32 AM
4MUL8R
There I was, all set to ask a question in the Lounge about a pistol trigger conversion, and receive many useful and informative replies. I was even going to use the title "To DAK or not to DAK, that is the question" to entice members to open this thread.

Instead, I used the search function, and in one search a thread about the exact same question came up. Drat! Double drat! Now I know not to attempt to convert my P220 DAK to DA / SA. Dadgum!

-------
Trying to simplify my life...
January 11, 2018, 06:19 AM
BurtonRW
Who put you up to this? Inquiring minds want to know!

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A
January 11, 2018, 06:41 AM
pwelch001
Pictures or it didn't happen.
January 11, 2018, 07:10 AM
tatortodd
Can you make this into a “how to search” with step by step screen captures? Big Grin

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
January 11, 2018, 08:02 AM
Perception
I'm almost tempted to start a DAK thread in your honor!

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."
January 11, 2018, 08:45 AM
slabsides45

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers
January 11, 2018, 05:05 PM
4MUL8R
Totally serious. All I did was click search, then advanced search, then key in the terms P220 DA SA DAK and up popped the thread. There I learned that the parts were expensive, the conversion was expensive, and I should sell a DAK and purchase the DA / SA version if I didn't want the DAK. It was amazing. I am not sure if the earth momentarily stopped rotating or not, but forum astrophysicists could be consulted.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...