SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Amazon and their unrealistic one day delivery.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazon and their unrealistic one day delivery. Login/Join 
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted
I needed an item today. Ordered it yesterday because Amazon said it would take one day. Every time they say one day it's never one day. It's always delayed. They can't even tell you where it is.

All they will do is give you a number to some shitty shipping company they are using. Said company is always useless to talk to. I tried.

In today's world how you can not estimate when a delayed package will arrive is insane. There are no storms or anything else.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
guess it depends where you're located. We can even get same day delivery on some itmes here, and it works.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Ive been pleasantly surprised when same- or next-day works. Its cool.

But i also know the agro of needing something and delivery not getting it there.

Online shopping isnt just the site; its the site, the seller, the stocker and shipper if theyre not the same, the one or multiple shippers, etc. lots of places for breakdowns to occur, unfortunately.

I ordered something for my wife for christmas last week. Its ETA is Dec 2-Jan 15. I ordered a dinky gift for my boss yesterday and its slated to arrive tomorrow. Its a big whatever these days it seems.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
guess it depends where you're located. We can even get same day delivery on some itmes here, and it works.

No reason it shouldn't work here, not like I'm out in the sticks. I'm in a huge metro area. In MD outside of DC.

It's when Amazon uses these contract shippers or whatever they call them. With UPS I have no issues.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
some shitty shipping company
Amazon Logistics?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
some shitty shipping company
Amazon Logistics?

No doubt.

I sometimes get it in one day. Nearly always by day two. It's been three, once or twice.

The problem with Amazon Logistics is it's so variable. It's not like they hit their promised targets most times. They're all over the damn map.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
There is an Amazon Locker, maybe five minutes from my house.

If I order something delivered to the locker, it usually arrives via Amazon Logistics, very late afternoon or early evening.

If I order delivered to my business address (at The UPS Store) it is usually sent by UPS, sometimes by Amazon Logistics, but either way, almost always arrives before noon.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
When FEDEX was delivering for AMAZON, deliveries were on time if not early. UPS is not anywhere near as efficient with AMAZON volume deliveries.

We order insulin for our Rottie. The pharmacy uses UPS and we pay extra for overnight delivery. The last two times UPS has not made 'overnight' delivery until 24 hours later. The insulin is kept cool with ice packs, but in the summer months the ice packs don't last for 48 hours.

We've complained to the pharmacy. We complained to the drivers. All have said that UPS is so overloaded with deliveries from AMAZON now that they're hiring many new drivers but don't have enough trucks. They're renting PENSKE trucks to make deliveries in the mean time.

The last new UPS driver said that if I open the package to inspect the condition of the insulin, that UPS will not accept responsibility. Nonsense!

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:

we pay extra for overnight delivery. The last two times UPS has not made 'overnight' delivery until 24 hours later.
If you are not out of insulin for the dog, i.e. if you don't absolutely need it RIGHT NOW, can you refuse delivery service that is not what you paid for?

Contact the pharmacy and tell them you need them to use a different service? Maybe FedEx?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I’m starting to buy my shit elsewhere. Amazon treats their employees like slaves in the shipping centers. They have to pull so many orders per hour or they get fired. People are squeezing their shit in for their lunch break.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Works fine here when it's available.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I have discovered (maybe just for where I live) that if Amazon says 2-day shipping, sometimes...sometimes...it means 2-day shipping delivered TO MY POST OFFICE. What happens after that and however many days it takes to hit my mailbox or front porch is STRICTLY up to my USELESS contracted local mail carrier. Tits on a boar hog......

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
It's only gonna get worse as online shopping grows.

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm in TampaBay and Amazon's shipping (we go through Amazon Smile since a percentage goes to one of our charities) is pretty darned good.

We almost always get it before they say it'll arrive.

They did deliver, two-three years ago to the wrong house, but it was just a matter of a house or so away from us, and I grabbed it off their porch and no police came as a result.

Bob

Posts: 1558 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
I have discovered (maybe just for where I live) that if Amazon says 2-day shipping, sometimes...sometimes...it means 2-day shipping delivered TO MY POST OFFICE. What happens after that and however many days it takes to hit my mailbox or front porch is STRICTLY up to my USELESS contracted local mail carrier. Tits on a boar hog......

2-day shipping almost always is fine for me.

Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
2 day becomes 3 day about half the time when the USPS gets involved.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have a fulfillment center pretty close so I’m assuming that plays a role in their accuracy with deliveries here. I can’t say I’ve ever had a delivery not show up when expected or maybe I just order so much crap I never pay attention except on a few things I need right away.

Posts: 1298 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never ever have a problem with Amazon shipping or service. I order from them a LOT because of the convenience.

Posts: 127 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of djinco
posted Hide Post
I was supposed to get a package yesterday. No show, then it was supposed to be delivered today. No show. Maybe tomorrow. Something about a little snow. USPS delivered, FEDEX delivered, but NOT UPS.

Oh well. Win some, loose some. I'm still breathing so it's all good.

Cheers, Doug in Colorado

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 647 | Location: Colorado | Registered: February 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:

No reason it shouldn't work here, not like I'm out in the sticks. I'm in a huge metro area. In MD outside of DC.

It's when Amazon uses these contract shippers or whatever they call them. With UPS I have no issues.

Funny. I’m in AA Co. and have few issues with next day delivery. My biggest issue is when same day takes until next day, and that usually only happens if I actually NEED the item same day, because Murphy, I guess.

That said, they’ve mis-routed two of my “normal” prime packages (two day) within the last month. Both have arrived eventually and if I bitch to their live chat rep, I get a heartfelt apology and usually a $5 credit for my inconvenience.

Can’t really complain. It still saves me a trip to a big box retail store. But it is frustrating, for sure.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post