SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Murphy's Law and the USPS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Murphy's Law and the USPS Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
The more anxious you are to receive a package, the less likely you are to receive it on schedule.

I sent the ECU for the bike out to Washington to have it reflashed. Sent Monday, they received iat Wednesday, reflashed and put back in the mail same day. Tracking number said it'd be here today.

Nope. Tracking history says it's been enjoying the scenery between SF and Oakland CA, but it's "On it's way to destination".

Potentially rideable weather mid week next week. I'm going to be hugely bummed if it doesn't show up in time.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15210 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
At least they haven't lost it and held on to $500 worth of electronics for two months like they did with mine.

Somehow the Inspector General was able to have them 'find' it in two days.

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
At least they haven't lost it and held on to $500 worth of electronics for two months like they did with mine.

Somehow the Inspector General was able to have them 'find' it in two days.

Well, I certainly hope not, but I'm not taking any options off the table until I have it in my hot little hands.

Posts: 15210 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
About three years ago I put a bunch of my childhood slot cars on ebay.

Some of them did really well and then I had to ship the group out via USPS. I sent 12 packages and insured all but the last because I figured... hey, what are the odds?

So a few days go by and guess what? The ONLY package I didn't insure vanishes in Oakland CA. The USPS could tell me the package entered their facility but never left...

Somewhere in Oakland there is a happy USPS employee with a 60's Cox slot car...

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just had one go from PA to Seattle and then to Anchorage. I live in Puyallup which is about 35 miles south of Seattle. I guess the package needed a vacation.

Posts: 2127 | Location: Tacoma, Wa. | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It’s threads like this that make me worried to buy or sell off the internet. *^^^ totally stinks, sorry.

Posts: 106 | Registered: September 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rinehart:

Might be the same one that ran off with $177 worth of Legos that evaporated.

"We are sure it was delivered, they just forgot to scan it" Mad

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
People keep asking me what's in the box when I deliver packages to them. Like, how the fuck am I supposed to know? You're the dipshit who ordered it. Don't ask me what it is!

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
quote:
Originally posted by Rinehart:

Might be the same one that ran off with $177 worth of Legos that evaporated.

"We are sure it was delivered, they just forgot to scan it" Mad

Yep, to add insult to injury, they refused to refund the shipping cost and told me sorry, can't find it.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
USPS has been good to me. I always ship UPS, but some places (like Brownells) ship to me via USPS. The tracking has worked, I've asked for text updates, and I've gotten the shipments on time or early. Granted, we're talking a sample size of six or seven, but I have not had any bad experiences with USPS.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can’t ever remember having an issue with UPS, but have had more than a couple with Fedex and USPS. This past Friday I get a notice that I missed a USPS package and it will be available to pick up at the post office after 1030a on Saturday. No problem, but when I went on Saturday to pick up package the conversation went something like this:

I get told uhhh we don’t have your package here...

So I reply ok where is it?

We don’t really know it might be on the truck for redelivery..

Hmm well that sounds funny because unless requested USPS doesn’t redeliver items a second time..

Give me your name and number and we’ll call you as soon as we know.

Ok and I left

5 minutes later I get a phone call from a manager stating he got ahold of the driver and they have too many packages on the truck to know if they have mine, but they’ll redirect their route to my area next so I should know in the next 15 minutes if they have it or not..

Needless to say Monday I’ll be back at the post office hunting for my package again.

In Fedex and USPS defense I get 50 times more packages from them than I do from UPS so maybe it’s just a numbers game..

Posts: 1301 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Checked tracking, they found it, and it was in Scarborough (Southern Maine distribution center) yesterday, which means it'll be here today, right?

Nope. President's Day. Everything closed.

There's a fairly lengthy list of things I don't do: I don't smoke. I don't drink. I don't dance. AND I DON'T DO PATIENCE!!!

God DAMN it. Mad

Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted Hide Post
Yep, same here. I ordered a backpack from Midway. They are located in Columbia Mo, Im west of Topeka Kansas. Normally its 2 days from them to my house. It goes from Columbia to KC to my house.

This time it went by way of Chicago.

Still waiting.

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Same boat here. I purchased a Photo Editing program for my computer and thought I'd also purchase their 488pg book that can be used as a quick reference guide besides online videos and the help tutorial. I purchased and paid for it on Feb 1rst and what should have taken a week or 10days is now on the 19th day. Though he did put it in the mail it's been touring the USA since. I get an iMessage update now and again stating "It's on it's way to the destination!" Mad

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nothing new, and not just with packages.

When I was little, (1970s) my mother mailed a letter to my grandmother. The letter was supposed to go from Georgia to Washington State. It was sent to Florida, stamped "Return To Sender, Addressee Unknown," and returned to her in Georgia.

Posts: 151 | Location: Stone Mountain, GA | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
And then there's Fedex, who, being too fookin lazy to deliver my package themselves, instead drop it off at the local post office for them to deliver.

Even though I paid for next day delivery, no worries, I don't really need it "next day" and delaying it another day will be fine. Roll Eyes

Fedex can suck a bag of dicks as far as I'm concerned. I hate that outfit.

Posts: 20087 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post