SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Millenial women and their kids
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Millenial women and their kids Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
Haven't y'all read - he doesn't want any advice.

Thanks. It is fun to read and see others' frustrations with similar situations, so go head and post more.

Trust me guys, I'm not in deep and have no problem taking a pass on this one for all of the reasons already mentioned.

If I have to deal with drama it might as well be from one with no kids at the higher end of the hot/crazy matrix. But that would be a different thread...

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:

Trust me guys, I'm not in deep and have no problem taking a pass on this one for all of the reasons already mentioned.

That's the benefit of having the experience and wisdom that comes from our age. We know how to keep one hand on the eject button and aren't afraid to use it.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
I think you know this is a dead-end but are not ready to admit it yet.

Been there done that.

Enjoy yourself but be careful before it's too hard to getaway unharmed.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
Do you like her? Could you see yourself with her?

If so, call her in ten years.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2828 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
Her parenting style is not a Millenial thing. I've seen that lack of discipline in every generation since hippies started giving birth and having free-range kids.

Bingo. My wife is 36 and we have a son who will be 7 in February. Totally different story than what is described in the OP. It's definitely not all Millenials.

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of taco68
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridgerat:
Do you like her? Could you see yourself with her?

If so, call her in ten years.

Even when the kids are young adults, some of them have not changed since they were little. Been there done that!

Sigs P-220, P-226 9mm, & P-230SL (CCW)

Posts: 2539 | Location: Icebox of the Nation | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trebor44
posted Hide Post
WHY, is this even a question? Does it really need a committee to make a personal decision?

--------------------------------

On the inside looking out, but not to the west, it's the PRK and its minions!

Posts: 624 | Location: Idaho, west of Beaver Dicks Ferry | Registered: August 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trebor44:
WHY, is this even a question? Does it really need a committee to make a personal decision?

This section is for posting complaints. I posted a complaint. I did not ask for advice. Please actually read all of my posts. I have said this more than once.

There is a specific complaint - a particular woman and her kids - and a general complaint - that this behavior is a common trend. Others may share their similar experiences and/or opinions about the trend.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Like the other members have brought up, getting into a serious relationship with her isn't going to change the kids' behavior.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ryan:
It's a messed up situation to tell a woman you're crazy about her but her childrens' behavior and differences in how to raise kids is a deal breaker.
Good luck.

Nope, it’s called being a man. Sack up and tell her the truth. “I’d love to spend the rest of my life with you, but your kids are assholes and run all over you and I won’t tolerate it, you are better than that and you are the adult and the one in charge- not them. so you need to make some decisions. Call me when you have figured it out”

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Yup, they don't respect/fear her.

With my sons they understood the "shut up I am on the phone" look, sometimes they missed "the look" so they got the "pop on the top/back of the head"

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
"pop on the top/back of the head"

Oh, the horror!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is too big an age difference anyway.

Posts: 1397 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oldbill123:

Ha! You’re messing, right? This isn’t about age, and 1 decade isn’t going to matter, depending on where they’re at in life.

I’ve met 50 yo men that act like 10 y.o.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
I'd say part of that behavior is a direct result of the lack of a dominate male presence. There's a reason that people who come from single mother homes have certain tendencies.
Unfortunately she probably should have chosen a better father for her children, but women make that a priority after, not before.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Telling her the truth will serve no good purpose.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by irreverent:
quote:
Originally posted by oldbill123:

Ha! You’re messing, right? This isn’t about age, and 1 decade isn’t going to matter, depending on where they’re at in life.

I’ve met 50 yo men that act like 10 y.o.

Let's see here, since I got divorced (not all inclusive):

41/28 (no kids)
42/30 (1 kid)
44/36 (no kids)
45/28 (no kids)
45/50 (two grown kids)
47/39 (? 1 kid)
48/38 (two kids)

And yeah, the younger with no kids were all hotter, and with no kids means less of the complications I mentioned in this thread...

Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
One other thing, kinda obvious I know. You can enjoy the time as it is, not really giving worry to what may or may not happen 1+ years down the road.

It’s not necessarily wasting anyone’s time, you just don’t really know what the future will bring.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just thinking of a gracious way out. What you really should do is marry her and adopt the kids. You will have plenty to talk about for the rest of your life. You can stop looking for the "one".