SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    My Maytag washer turns everything, and I mean everything, completely inside out
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Maytag washer turns everything, and I mean everything, completely inside out Login/Join 
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted
socks, underwear, pants, everything. I put laundry in, and all of it comes out inside out.

I hate that.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Put everything in inside out and bingo problem solved

Posts: 23397 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine can turn a t-shirt inside out.
One of the great mysteries of life.
Eek

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It isn't the machine, it's the gnomes that live inside. Commonly called "underwear gnomes" made popular by South Park, the correct terminology is "laundry gnomes". Responsible for far more than stealing socks and underwear, they are distant relatives of gremlins. They recently gave me a gift for a change, I ended up with three extra mismatched socks on laundry day.

Posts: 881 | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

Of course. Makes undressing easier too.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I have tried this-----in revenge the washer ties my shorts into knots.

Posts: 3853 | Location: Citrus County Florida | Registered: October 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Does it actually wash the stuff, though? If so: Count yourself lucky. My wife, and she did her homework, bought a Samsung washing machine. How bad are these machines? Bad enough that a bunch of them were recalled. They were, literlly, dangerous. Her's unfortunately, only got a firmware update.

Which wrecked it.

The auto-level-fill is worthless. You have to lie to the thing to get it to fill to a usable level. If the load gets out of balance it's supposed to try to rebalance the load and carry on. That does not appear to work. The other "neat" thing it does was illustrated yesterday. Wash should have been about done. Goes downstairs. Nope, another 16 minutes. She kept checking back, and it kept bumping the time remaining.

Then there's the matching clothes dryer that, unless you lay sheets in it just >< so, will tie them in knots and, of course, leave the middle of the knot damp and wrinkled.

This home will never have another Samsung appliance in it, other than (perhaps) TVs, ever again.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've heard enough horror stories about Samsung appliances to scare me away. My sisters Samsung refrigerator flooded her house. Twice.

Like guns, Love Sigs

Posts: 1211 | Location: Battle Born | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I am never buying a high efficiency washer again. I love my new low efficiency washer. The thing rocks. Full tub of water, three dials, no digital display. It even looks and sounds like I remember washers sounding like.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
My HE Kenmore not only turns stuff inside out, it then ties them in knots. So convenient.

Posts: 26894 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Does it actually wash the stuff, though?

Yes. But I have to turn everything right-side-out before it goes into the dryer.

If I had a dryer that did that, that'd be cool.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
We got an analog Speed Queen and it's too powerful. When it spins the water out the discharge hose so much so fast that the drain sometimes can't handle it and it overflows a little. Need to figure something out before it ruins the drywall.

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
... I have to turn everything right-side-out before it goes into the dryer.

If I had a dryer that did that, that'd be cool.

Run it through the washer twice. Razz

Posts: 2539 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
You might check the nameplate.

It's possible you got a model made for the southern hemisphere.

Posts: 3228 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Does it actually wash the stuff, though? If so: Count yourself lucky. My wife, and she did her homework, bought a Samsung washing machine. How bad are these machines? Bad enough that a bunch of them were recalled. They were, literlly, dangerous. Her's unfortunately, only got a firmware update.

Which wrecked it.

The auto-level-fill is worthless. You have to lie to the thing to get it to fill to a usable level. If the load gets out of balance it's supposed to try to rebalance the load and carry on. That does not appear to work. The other "neat" thing it does was illustrated yesterday. Wash should have been about done. Goes downstairs. Nope, another 16 minutes. She kept checking back, and it kept bumping the time remaining.

Then there's the matching clothes dryer that, unless you lay sheets in it just >< so, will tie them in knots and, of course, leave the middle of the knot damp and wrinkled.

This home will never have another Samsung appliance in it, other than (perhaps) TVs, ever again.

I got the bottom-tier Samsung set when I bought my house.

I will not own Samsung appliances again.

The good news is that I don't think the washer will last much longer, it's getting on 3 years old, used by a single bachelor for less than 10 loads per month, and the main tub bearing is starting to screech bad during the spin cycle. The bearing is, of course, not serviceable.

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
My washer doesn’t do that, so ok there, but that darn dryer!

My dryer apparently creates a time tunnel transfer effect when spinning around and a sock always disappears.

Somehow I’m getting more and more Tupperware lids! Weird uh?

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Maybe they installed something backwards at the factory. *s*

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1864 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
We got an analog Speed Queen and it's too powerful. When it spins the water out the discharge hose so much so fast that the drain sometimes can't handle it and it overflows a little. Need to figure something out before it ruins the drywall.

I can't begin to remember how many service Calls I have made because of a newly purchased washing machine overflowing the drain, where the old worn out one one did not. It's a problem with the drain, either partially stopped up or poorly/improperly installed to start with. Most of the time a good clean-out of the pipe fixes the problem.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:

I can't begin to remember how many service Calls I have made because of a newly purchased washing machine overflowing the drain, where the old worn out one one did not. It's a problem with the drain, either partially stopped up or poorly/improperly installed to start with. Most of the time a good clean-out of the pipe fixes the problem.

And get the roof vent cleaned out. I had this same problem in the old house. Plumber came out 3 times and drain snaked the drain. Problem persisted, no change. I had asked him several times to check the roof vent, fat bastard wouldn’t get on the roof. Called another guy who got on my roof. He ran his snake down the roof vent. Fixed it right up right away.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hate our "high efficiency" top load Maytag. We have to run it on deep fill to get all the clothes wet. I feel it does not move the clothes around enough and it leaves white marks in on my work uniforms.

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post