SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Bought a gun on GB in early June, it still has not arrived!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bought a gun on GB in early June, it still has not arrived! Login/Join 
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
And I bet they are wondering why Sig purchases slowed down...

Yeah, I don't think that anybody reading this will shop from D&L Shooting Supplies.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Crazy. I feel for you. Every so often this game goes wrong on me for one reason or another. It sucks. Hoping you get straightened out.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6957 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
At this stage, there is no other way to call them except they are fucking thieves. No amount of excuses will change that. If I were the owner, I would overnight the gun to OP's FFL and include in the package the full refund, plus whatever else he had to spend on. Then, accept full responsibility and fully apologize on their GB feedback.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A REAL UPDATE!!! D&L actually called today while driving to the supermarket! I almost never talk on the phone while behind the wheel but when "Warwick, RI" displayed on the screen, it had to be answered.

The employee calling apologized over and over. What apparently happened according to him was the gun was lost in transit from RI to PA. Now they are supposedly working the matter out with UPS. I asked why they didn't provide tracking. He had no answer and said that things at D&L are hectic without a lot of controlling. I said "too many cooks spoil the broth" to which he added nothing.

Maybe because I was driving and focused on the road, I kept my cool, was totally composed and didn't use profanity. But I did tell the guy that I was more than upset and have been telling people online (read:SIGforum.com) not to do business with D&L. The conversation was about 5 minutes long and it ended like this: The employee said they are expecting a couple more Valors "in 3-4 days" and they are shipping one out to my local gunshop. I was set on getting my money back but with the limited number of Valors, I got soft and agreed but stated "it better be NIB and not a like NIB pistol or it's going back". Then the guy made a really stupid remark: "I can drag it around the parking lot if you want a used one, ha ha". I said that's a really stupid thing to say and I'm not in the mood for sarcastic humor. He closed by saying there is an added "gift" coming for the screw up. We'll see how generous D&L is but I ain't holding my breath.

One last note. I said it's impossible to reach them by phone or email and gave him my email address and said to email me when the gun ships. Hold your breath all and cross your fingers! Thanks for your support again and to those who reached out to D&L on my behalf. @Q: You summed it up as to how it really SHOULD be.

Posts: 2007 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It sounds like they are getting their stuff together so hopefully that's a plus for you.

Let us know how it turns out because 3 months to deliver an item that was listed as in stock seems excessive

Posts: 1299 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another customer service wizard. The gift is probably ten cents off on your next purchase over 400 hundred dollars expiring in a week. It would have been hard to resist talking about dragging him around the parking lot.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Hopefully that works out. At this point I’d say you are quite the optimist!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Kashi has requested that I post the response from Mike at D&L.

Hi Richard, again my sincerest apology regarding your order with the Dan Wesson special order where the money orders were cashed and then the order went missing either with UPS or what have you. Regardless, we had a fresh new in the box model arriving for you this week directly from Dan Wesson untouched and unhandled and will be shipping out the same day with a care package containing extra mags and a range bag. Again, I am extremely sorry for the delay with this order it is unacceptable on our end and not realizing that the firearm had never been delivered to you until a friend of ours mentioned your issue from a Sig Sauer forum and that was the first I as the manager of our family owned store had heard of this issue. Ihope you find this care packaged and Dan Wesson firearm to be a sign of our gratitude for your purchase through our store and again I am sorry for the delay. Have a great weekend.

Mike

--
I am posting this as requested by Richard (Kashi). I believe this will finally bring the Valor home to Richard.
Frank

Posts: 2295 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much for posting this for me Frank! I'll definitely be letting you folks know when the Valor is in hand. Let's keep our fingers crossed that UPS comes through this time.

Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGfourme:
Kashi has requested that I post the response from Mike at D&L.

I hate to be a cynic, but their response does not pass the smell test with me.

quote:
Originally posted by kaschi:
On 03 June I bought a NIB Dan Wesson Valor from a seller on GB with a lot of positive ratings. Payment was with USPS Money Orders and sent by Priority Mail. According to the tracking, the letter arrived on 08 June. On 09 June the company emailed a sales receipt. My local dealer sent them a copy of his FFL about the same time. But still as of today(25 June), the gun has not yet arrived!!!

July 1:
quote:
...I sent them that letter mentioned in my last post. $15 more due to the Priority Letter and Certified Mail (including Return Receipt)!!!

Aug. 14:
quote:
Originally posted by SIGfourme:
I stopped into D&L and advised the owners of the situation . They were unaware of the problem. I was assured by the owners that you will be contacted tomorrow.

Aug. 19:
quote:
Still have not heard from those clowns and it's Wednesday.

Aug. 20:
quote:
A REAL UPDATE!!! D&L actually called today while driving to the supermarket!

This isn't Amazon or Walmart. How can the manager of a "family owned store" claim to be unaware of such an issue until SIGfourme took the time to stop in and avise them personally -- despite kaschi contacting (or trying to contact) them multiple times, including sending them a certified letter?

Moreover, if it was my business, I wouldn't have waited three minutes to contact the customer. Yet, D&L didn't contact kaschi until six days later.

I try to support my local businesses, but if I lived in the Warwick area, D&L would never get a dime from me.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6373 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
...does not pass the smell test...

Well, um... Yeah! It is all UPS's fault! Eleven and a half weeks later...

The second rate sack of shit that handles the online sales should have $1,500 taken out of their ass.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
I hate to be a cynic, but their response does not pass the smell test with me.

Yup, the smell still stinks to high heaven. They lied to you. They never shipped the gun, because they never had it (note the manager claim the gun was a "special order"). That's why no tracking info. If they really did ship, the tracking info is in their system. Ask them for the tracking number. They won't have it. Or, if they did print out the label, nothing was ever shipped, and the tracking number will say something like "Label created, UPS waiting for item".

This is the same thing that another member recently experienced with Rainier Arms, another highly regarded vendor. Roll Eyes Claimed item was in stock, but it never was. He finally got his money back.

I would have demanded my refund, if I were in OP's shoes.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
How’s that tracking number going? Frown

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
So how is this playing out? Did they ever confirm shipment?

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Heard nothing since that phone call last week and the apology letter from the owner. Who knows exactly when those Valors will really arrive at D&L.... They said 3-4 days but how many days it will be is hard to tell.

D&L is hiring? I wonder if they canned an employee who let the ball drop too many times. LOL

Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
oh spit - found something on GB I'm interested in and guess who the seller is.

I sent this inquiry:
"Very interested but I notice a large number of negative reviews over the past 6 months..... 63 negatives is concerning. How can I trust that you'll ship if I send you money?"

D&L Shooting & Supplies (DL Supplies Gunbroker) review history on GB indicates a downward trend. Sad to see given strong reviews in the past.

Someone please let me know if I'm confusing names. If that's the case, I'd want to delete this post.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ There's only one DLSUPPLIES from Warwick, RI on GB. And, you'll probably won't receive a response for your inquiry. Big Grin

Q

posted Hide Post
Just checked my Thursday's email (it's a little after midnight) and low and behold, there was a UPS 2nd Day Air Shipping Notification that a package from D&L is scheduled to be delivered to my gun dealer's shop on 31 August 2020!!! Amazing is all I can say right now.

I'll keep you informed until the Valor is actually in hand. Probably won't be able to pick it up until next Thursday based on my work schedule and the gunshop's hours. So, only one more week at the most. Hey, after a 3 month wait, 7 more days isn't very long!

posted Hide Post
Great news

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Glad this looks like it will work out for you.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6373 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post