SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Bought a gun on GB in early June, it still has not arrived!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bought a gun on GB in early June, it still has not arrived! Login/Join 
posted
On 03 June I bought a NIB Dan Wesson Valor from a seller on GB with a lot of positive ratings. Payment was with USPS Money Orders and sent by Priority Mail. According to the tracking, the letter arrived on 08 June. On 09 June the company emailed a sales receipt. My local dealer sent them a copy of his FFL about the same time. But still as of today(25 June), the gun has not yet arrived!!! I've tried calling but always get a busy signal.... Now, in the company's defense, when I sent them a PM through GB, I got an automatic email response saying they are "overwhelmed", etc right now. So, I'm not sure how to proceed from here except for to impatiently try to be patient. How would you handle this situation? I've never had bad luck before after decades of dealings so it's a little disheartening.

Posts: 2007 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
"USPS money orders, treat them like cash." Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lee40215
posted Hide Post
If you still have the email where they sent you the receipt I would reply back off that email and ask them what the holdup is maybe they didn’t receive your ffl

Posts: 1097 | Location: Louisville, Kentucky | Registered: August 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
I've done several transfers for people where we have waited for 8 weeks to receive the gun. Some big distributors are overloaded. Enjoy that gun.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does the gunbroker ad mention a shipping timeframe?

I don’t know who you purchased from, but I know a lot of the dealers that post on Gunbroker just feed an inventory from their distributors so they may not actually have the items in stock they have to wait for it to get to them then ship it off, or have the distributor drop ship it but many distributors have suspended drop shipping due to increased orders.

Or it’s possible they didn’t get the FFL from your dealer? Either way I’d continue to try to contact them maybe look for a direct contact email in the ad vs the gunbroker contact page?

If the ad doesn’t state anything about extended shipping times I would probably give them a tad longer to get back to you and if they don’t then contact USPS because I’m pretty sure they are able to do something about fraud with USPS money orders even though I’ve never actually had to do it. If the ad says 8 week shipping time then wait 8 weeks, but otherwise it should be expected to ship within a couple weeks? Even taking into consideration covid/riots/etc maybe 3-4 weeks? So if it’s longer than that with no contact I would pursue other things.

Posts: 1298 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dang it, man, credit card or nothing on an online sale!

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
I got an automatic email response saying they are "overwhelmed", etc right now.

They emailed you the receipt on the 9th acknowledging payment. Your dealer sent them the FFL on same day. And, you haven't received your gun as of now? That's total bullshit. Time to leave negative feedback and take it up with GB.

How about letting us know who the seller is, so we can avoid them. Email, if you don't want to publicize it.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
I got an automatic email response saying they are "overwhelmed", etc right now.

They emailed you the receipt on the 9th acknowledging payment. Your dealer sent them the FFL on same day. And, you haven't received your gun as of now? That's total bullshit. Time to leave negative feedback and take it up with GB.

How about letting us know who the seller is, so we can avoid them. Email, if you don't want to publicize it.

This is my recommendation also

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I learned my lesson about USPS money orders on the Beretta forum. Lost 600 bucks. Never again. The PO doesn’t care. I literally send cash instead of a money order for most smaller purchases. There is next to no protection using a money order. That’s not true. It protects the buyer.

CC only. Eat the 3% fee, totally worth it if your seller flakes. You will get the money back almost immediately while 5he cc fights for you

Posts: 7346 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still no DW Valor as of today. I don't have one bit of reservation publicizing it. As a matter of fact, the plan was to do so after the arrival of the pistol. I wouldn't want any fellow members here getting the same treatment. Here's their info below:

D&L Shooting Supplies in Warwick, RI
Tel: (401) 738 1889---try calling! Good luck!

They have an A+ rating on GB (over 3000 sales) and you can check out their rating page to see. There have been several positive feedbacks for them in the last couple of weeks and at least one who had the same problem as me.

I'm writing them a short, "to the point" letter explaining the situation again and will include the USPS MO receipts. It will be sent Certified Mail with a Return Receipt so as to have a form of tracking/proof that they definitely signed for it. I'm also requesting my dealer to re-send his FFL by email to cover that base.

One last thing. I noticed on my "GB BUYING PAGE" that in the "Status" section, it states "Pending Payment". Why? As mentioned in my first post, they already emailed me a copy of the sales receipt.

Thanks for looking in and for your support. Please check out D&L Shooting Supplies' feedback on GB.

posted Hide Post
The seller has to manually update the GB page on their interface to show 'payment received', if they're a high volume seller, chances are they don't bother.

I've seen quite a bit of the same thing you're experiencing, to me it seemed related to sellers that don't have physical inventory & rely on the distributor. They should at least follow-up though if you've paid, contacting GB might be good like already posted.

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1925 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Put an ad on CL in the Warwick RI area. Hey D&L shooting supplies, where is my order? See if that opens up their communication lines.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5680 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
I hope you get your gun soon, but as some have already pointed out, never pay with USPS MO for anything if you can help it, unless you REALLY trust the seller AND you're prepared to lose the full amount in the event that the seller went out of business, died, went to jail, or decided to scam you, or whatever scenario that may cause them to not deliver.

On a side note, I don't know when or how the myth about the postal MO being the safest way to pay for stuff came about. They can be faked like any other checks, you gotta wait in line at the PO to get it, they cost money, you still have to mail it which means they could get lost or delayed in transit), offers basically no better protection than most other forms of payment...

In other words, there's no advantage to using a Postal MO. I generally will pass on a seller that insists on only accepting a postal MO.

Posts: 10831 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:

Seems your experience isn't unique...

There are several good reviews as well,
web page notes they have cut store hours
due to virus, close at 6 vs 8.

I will say every LGS here is swamped with OTC sales going nuts, background checks in the hours vs minutes.

Yelp Reviews

Posts: 23240 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I visited my favorite gun shop yesterday. The owner said that last Saturday (open 10-2pm) was his first 'normal' day in three months. He had no ammunition but still had a nice selection of pistols and revolvers, mostly on consignment.

The paperwork was so overwhelming during this period he had to hire another guy just to check the 4473 forms.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Do you know the serial #? Maybe they sold your pistol and are waiting on another.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
https://www.facebook.com/DLShootingSupplies

Leave um a post on their page, send an instant message, lots of times the FB posts get picked up faster, especially on FB...

Posts: 23240 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
https://www.facebook.com/DLShootingSupplies

Leave um a post on their page, send an instant message, lots of times the FB posts get picked up faster, especially on FB...

Yes, I would put them on blast on Facebook until you got some results.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bjor13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kaschi:
Still no DW Valor as of today. I don't have one bit of reservation publicizing it. As a matter of fact, the plan was to do so after the arrival of the pistol. I wouldn't want any fellow members here getting the same treatment. Here's their info below:

Tel: (401) 738 1889---try calling! Good luck!

They have an A+ rating on GB (over 3000 sales) and you can check out their rating page to see. There have been several positive feedbacks for them in the last couple of weeks and at least one who had the same problem as me.

I'm writing them a short, "to the point" letter explaining the situation again and will include the USPS MO receipts. It will be sent Certified Mail with a Return Receipt so as to have a form of tracking/proof that they definitely signed for it. I'm also requesting my dealer to re-send his FFL by email to cover that base.

One last thing. I noticed on my "GB BUYING PAGE" that in the "Status" section, it states "Pending Payment". Why? As mentioned in my first post, they already emailed me a copy of the sales receipt.

Thanks for looking in and for your support. Please check out D&L Shooting Supplies' feedback on GB.

on the pending payment - you may need to go "check out"

Posts: 1017 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: September 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all of your advice/support. A lot of what you've been adding to this thread has crossed my mind and I'm in agreement with most. In the meantime, I sent them that letter mentioned in my last post. $15 more due to the Priority Letter and Certified Mail (including Return Receipt)!!! It HAS to get there now and prompt them to get their crap together. At the very least, I expect them to either email or call me if they have any testicular fortitude.

Somehow though, I still think that something happened at D&L...... possibly from being overwhelmed my payment got misplaced, etc. Please note I'm not making excuses for them. Actually, I bought a CZ Kadet II 22lr Conversion Kit from them with no problem a couple of years ago.

I'll be sure to post the end result of this whole matter. Man, really looking forward to that Valor!