SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Bought a gun on GB in early June, it still has not arrived!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bought a gun on GB in early June, it still has not arrived! Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bjor13:
quote:
Originally posted by kaschi:

One last thing. I noticed on my "GB BUYING PAGE" that in the "Status" section, it states "Pending Payment". Why? As mentioned in my first post, they already emailed me a copy of the sales receipt..

on the pending payment - you may need to go "check out"

Don't bother. The "Status" section is the place where most folks (both buyers and sellers) won't bother with. I used to be diligent about checking off things that have been completed. But, after many observations that the area is most neglected, I didn't bother with it any longer. The checklist, whether completed or not, have zero effects on the actual transaction.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is just a guess, but it wouldn't surprise me if they sold you a gun they didn't actually have in stock, and with all the panic buying going on, haven't been able to get from their distributor to fulfill your order.

Posts: 2466 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soflaac:
The seller has to manually update the GB page on their interface to show 'payment received', if they're a high volume seller, chances are they don't bother.

I've seen quite a bit of the same thing you're experiencing, to me it seemed related to sellers that don't have physical inventory & rely on the distributor. They should at least follow-up though if you've paid, contacting GB might be good like already posted.

couple things on gunbroker,

I'm a seller there, so have some experience, and not taking up for them either,

the new system sucks,

sucks large (insert animal or person of choice here) Balls,

I have had 3 conversations with a guy on the staff, and they are working on some of it,

they are having issues with some email providers not allowing emails to go thru, so your dealers FFL may not have made it to them,

they also have the absolute worst messaging system, they can view messages stored, for 4 days, you and I have no access at all once they are sent (best to bcc yourself on anything sent)

I suggested that they look as something similar to what ebay uses for a message system, so the buyer and seller can look at messages, but they are more worried about a transaction happening off site, and loss of fees, than a buyer and seller communicating (was told this by them)

back to the new system,
sold items and sold orders,,, 2 screens that basically do the same thing,,

the buyer has to click his/her bits in the system,

the seller cannot always select payment received, depends on what the buyer does and which screen you are in,

if the dealer does not click shipped or force complete, it is almost impossible to see where the order is , as far as paid, etc, if every one does not click when they are supposed to,

the old system was 10000000x's better,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would suggest you talk to the US Postmaster General where you bought the USPS Money Order and ask them to follow up and tell them that you might want to file charges of “Mail Fraud” IF the problem Can’t be resolved Within the next 30 days and send copies to the seller by Certified Mail with Receipt Requested as well as the FFL dealer(s). Talk to the BATFE As well.

Posts: 8 | Registered: November 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
D&L Shooting Supplies in Warwick, RI

I thought that sounded familiar. Turns out I bought one firearm there 7 yrs ago. I remember it took longer than I expected but it go there eventually. The longer time than expected I figured was due to the post Newtown panic buying.

So, it did get there in the end. It feels like the same kind of panic time, plus the industry was already reeling from the C19 panic only a couple of months ago.

Posts: 7232 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just today received the USPS Return Receipt in my home mail. Now it is certain that the letter was delivered to D&L. If it's not delivered to my dealer's shop by the end of the week, I'm contacting GB and reporting the situation to them.

@ Escoterix: IIRC, the way it works with the USPS regarding money orders is that you have to wait two months before filling out a form for them to do a money order trace to verify whether it's been cashed in.

@ 83v45magna: Yeah, I want to believe this is the situation BUT... go to D&Ls GB Rating Page. A lot of people are giving them great reviews mentioning "fast service" etc.

Posts: 2007 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
It's coming up to one month since they received your payment and still no gun? You're way to patient. They would have received negative feedback from me with report to GB, already.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
Do you know the serial #? Maybe they sold your pistol and are waiting on another.
That's my guess as well. There are plenty of sellers who don't have much inventory and when something sells they have to scramble to actually get the gun and send it like they had it all along.

Posts: 3874 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Would you like
a sandwich?
Picture of Dreamerx4
posted Hide Post
You have had zero communication with or from them, for a Valor I am guessing $1200-2000 depending on Duty Coat or stainless...

No way would I wait over a month without knowing what was going on.

You are indeed very patient.

Posts: 1044 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had many positive transactions on GB, but did have a sale refunded last year due to the seller sitting on receipt of funds & FFL for a week & 1/2 with no comms at all regarding delivering the pistol.

I have a guy trying to bust my chops right now on some mags I sold, which he paid for & wants immediate delivery. Bro, the wife can only move so fast to the UPS store. Razz Razz

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1925 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Update: and it's still not a good one. I contacted Gunbroker.com informing them about my situation. They responded with a form letter asking if I were "satisfied" or "unsatisfied". I wrote back "unsatisfied" and asked them to contact D&L (which they probably won't do).
Left NEGATIVE Feedback with an "F" rating on D&L's GB Rating Page. You can have a look there and see what I wrote.
Today I'm heading to the PO to see exactly when the MO can be traced. (I think it's 60 days but will find out for sure.) Please wish me luck....

Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Any update on this situation?

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Funny that you asked because I just opened up this thread to add some info.

Earlier today, I went to the Post Office and filled out the two Money Order tracing forms which cost $12.50. Here's the way it works: After (at least) 60 days, my money will be refunded PROVIDED the Money Orders were not cashed in. So now it's "wait n see". At this point I'm not hopeful that the DW will show up at my dealer's shop. To be honest, my feeling is that D&L Shooting Supplies lost or inadvertently trashed the original letter with the MO payments. Now they don't have the balls to admit to it. They know full well that I will be able to get a refund for the two MOs and are willing to live with that and the "F" rating on their rating page at GB.com.

More info will be posted as this unnecessary drama unfolds. Thanks for reading!

posted Hide Post
!!!UPDATE!!! And it's not the news that anyone would want to get. Today I received in the mail two letters from the US Postal Service with copies of the two Money Orders(front and back) I sent to D&L Supplies and they cashed them!!! Right now I'm pretty upset to say the least. I checked yet again with my gun dealer to be safe he didn't overlook the arrival of the Valor, and it did not get there.

One of two things had to have happened:
1). D&L sent the pistol and it never arrived. However, f that's the case, they didn't send out package tracking info like most dealers do.
2). D&L never sent it.

At this point, I'm writing Gunbroker and informing them. Secondly, I'm going to write the Rhode Island Attorney General's Office and inform them as well.

Any other good suggestions?

posted Hide Post
Federal Trade Commission. ATF.

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
USPS - Mail Fraud?

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That really blows.

I've seen other folks post that USPS doesn't follow-up on mail fraud claims when a their m.o. are used, they consider it a civil matter, same as local law enforcement. To make it even worse, it looks like GunBroker isn't terribly enthused to get the situation straightened out as much as they can influence at least.

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1925 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ask that the FFL's bound book be audited. Any information you have on the item you bought should assist with that inspection. Look for any other complaints on them.

The book should show the dates in and out, and should indicate if they did something illegal/unethical.

Posts: 2768 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not trying to pile on. I lost 600 dollars on Beretta forum years ago. Used a USPS money order. They did nothing for me. I am a strong believer now that if I would have sent a money order for a small item I just send cash. Roughly the same protection, nothing, without the PO annoyance and small cost. As for guns I use a credit card. Only way to dispute effectively. Yes it costs 3% more but I wouldn’t want to be in OP shies ever again. Money orders protect the seller with very little actual benefit to buyer in my experience.

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
MO benefit the seller, as it’s literally cash and they can keep it off the books.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post