SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Bought a gun on GB in early June, it still has not arrived!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bought a gun on GB in early June, it still has not arrived! Login/Join 
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
That is fantastic!

The help wanted ad says they need someone who:

MUST BE KNOWLEDGEABLE IN FIREARMS
GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE
ANSWER PHONES
GOOD COMMUNICATION SKILLS
PROCESS AND CASH OUT ORDERS

That could be because no one there now obviously knows how to do any of these. Maybe the Dumbasses & Losers will get their stuff together and not have you wait for...

Okay, so I'm pretty sure there isn't going to be a next time.

Posts: 9138 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I haven't followed this thread. Were you aware of the 63 negative feedbacks before you entered into a contract with the thief err seller? If not, why not?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107461 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well?

Posts: 107461 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, I was not. I saw the multiple thousands of positive feedbacks which made me feel D&L is a good seller. Plus, I bought from them before without incident.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finally some really great news! My dealer called today saying that the Dan Wesson arrived at his shop. On Thursday evening I will pick it up and am looking forward to ending this three month long drawn out mini-series! Stay tuned for hopefully what will be the final nail in this thread's coffin.

BTW, I also got a call from the lady at the RI Attorney General's Office asking whether D&L came through with the "product" yet.... No, not YET was my answer, because it was before the dealer called. I'll give her a holler after the Valor is actually in my possession.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kaschi:
Finally some really great news! My dealer called today saying that the Dan Wesson arrived at his shop. On Thursday evening I will pick it up and am looking forward to ending this three month long drawn out mini-series! Stay tuned for hopefully what will be the final nail in this thread's coffin.

BTW, I also got a call from the lady at the RI Attorney General's Office asking whether D&L came through with the "product" yet.... No, not YET was my answer, because it was before the dealer called. I'll give her a holler after the Valor is actually in my possession.

Go look at it and inspect it thoroughly tomorrow....Your dealer will allow you to do that........I bet their free gift was 1 extra magazine.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
I bet their free gift was 1 extra magazine.

I bet it's a swag sticker for their shop.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34104 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
My bet is it will be a 5% discount on a future order over $1000.

Posts: 3714 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
^^^ There's only one DLSUPPLIES from Warwick, RI on GB. And, you'll probably won't receive a response for your inquiry. Big Grin

Confirms no reply received

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
It's Thursday, what happened!?!?

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1950 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Did it ever show up?

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's here and it's now offically mine! This whole ordeal feels almost like I experienced a miracle first hand. Went to the dealer's and picked it up last night about 8.30pm.

I have to honestly say, this Valor is a beautiful piece of workmanship! To date, my only experiences with 1911s involves two Series 80 Colt Combat Commanders (one is a 9mmm the other a 45) which I still have. The first thing I noticed was how tight and crisp the slide and controls are. The trigger is outstanding! No grit, no take up, nothing negative in any way, shape or form. Simply put: it's light and crisp.

One of the first things I noticed was the lack of the barrel "rattling" when the slide is retracted and left in the open position. Another thing notable is the heavier Match barrel. There is no removable barrel bushing and recoil spring plug which is all new to me compared to the Colts. That's going to take some getting used to when field stripping. The manual indicates using a paper clip to do so because of the full length guide rod, which, personally, I'm not going to be a fan of. I like the old style better without the need of an extra "tool" for take down...... It's going to take some getting used to, but "it is what it is"! I was always of the understanding that Commander-sized Valors came with with the removable bushing/recoil spring plug set up. Did they switch over somewhere along the way?

Ok, now to the extra goodies D&L promised. The goodies are: a range bag with the FN logo, a T-Shirt with the Mossberg logo, and two NIB blued 1911 mags made by Metalform. Now, here's a kicker! Those two
mags are 9 rounders for 9mm pistols!!! LOL. I should bitch, but I'm just glad this whole f****** nightmare is over! Since I have a 1911 in 9mm, I at least have a couple more spares. BTW, my Valor came with two 8 rd stainless steel Checkmate mags.

So, this is the proverbial last nail in the coffin! Thanks so much to all of you who followed this thread and a special thanks to you guys who reached out to D&L on my behalf! I firmly believe that was the real game changer as well as the input from the RI AG's Office, which got involved by reaching out to D&L. Take care folks, and I'll be doing a range report on the Valor which you can follow on the handguns forum!

Para: thank you so much for providing the shooting community with a great website. There are so many decent, helpful, supportive people here with a great wealth of firearms knowledge. It's great to be a part of it.

Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Whew, the tension/wait was killing me! Glad it all came out ok in the end.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1950 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool!

Posts: 9138 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Kashi sent me some pics. It's sweet.
It looks like a Limited Edition Valor Commander--Stainless Steel, Bull barrel, Amerigo Night sights, Cocobolo Heartwood grips.
From what he posted and looking at his pics, I believe that's what he recieved==Limited Edition Bull Barrel Valor.

Posts: 2299 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm glad it worked out. What a great way not to do business.

Posts: 5158 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
After all this, you didn’t post pics for us? Really???

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post