SIGforum
Bought a gun on GB in early June, it still has not arrived!

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/2850066174

July 23, 2020, 08:15 PM
bobtheelf
Bought a gun on GB in early June, it still has not arrived!
I don't know if the BATFE has anything to say about it, but I can't imagine they'd look kindly on an FFL taking money without shipping the item? What else might they be a little bit shady about with their books?
July 23, 2020, 09:31 PM
kaschi
Thanks for all your support and suggestions. The problem with D&L, as soflaac mentioned, is that their telephone line is always busy!

I emailed Gunbroker and the RI Office of the Attorney General informing them so we'll see what that brings. My plan is to get in touch with ATF and run this train wreck by them as well. I'll bet D&L will shit their panties when they (ATF) shows up at their door.

I emphasized to Gunbroker and the RI Office of the AG that I do NOT want to receive a firearm from D&L but rather insist on a money refund. For all I know those asshats at D&L will try to smooth it over with a gun that may be used..... and then I'll have the joy of trying to get a refund for it from them. At this point I only want my money back and will remain persistent until it happens. I'll keep you posted!
July 24, 2020, 06:46 AM
NapoleonSolo
I bought some magazines for my 229 Elite and ran in to the same problem. I called and no one would answer aor call back. I sent an email that was to the point and got an email back saying they were 14 days out on shipping which was not stated in the ad. I get it that they are busy but I won't buy from them again. A gun is a different deal and like you, I would be livid.

“Our actions may be impeded...
But there can be no impeding our intentions or our dispositions. Because we can accommodate and adapt. The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting.

The impeding to action advances action.

What stands in the way becomes the way.”

― Marcus Aurelius
July 24, 2020, 07:09 AM
Dreamerx4
They have a FB presence, I would recommend trying to contact them there, and leave feedback for others to see.

July 25, 2020, 01:16 PM
odin
I recently bought a pistol through GB. Wasn't available at any of thr LGS. Vendor contsacted me for info on the FFL to accept. Forwarded the email to the FFL. Two days later, FFL tells me he has the pistol..... Easy-peasy! Pistol is now in my possession and ready to b trialed!!!
July 27, 2020, 09:51 PM
CoolRich59
quote:
Originally posted by kaschi:

I'll keep you posted!

Please do. I’m interested to see how this plays out. I hope it works out for you!

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant
July 29, 2020, 12:44 PM
kaschi
Got both an email and phone call yesterday from a lady at the RI Attorney General's Office! I didn't answer the phone believing it to be a "scam" call (it showed "Caller Unknown") which a lot of people do not answer for reasons we all know. After listening to the message I kicked myself in the @$$ for not answering. It was almost 5pm when the phone rang so I never considered it would be the RI AG's Office... Anyway, she requested that I submit by email supporting documentation regarding D&L. I had suggested in my initial inquiry to them that I could send them hard copies by snail mail if they would provide a mailing address but they never responded to that idea.

Being a totally "non-tech" person---one reason why I do not post photos--- I will take pics of the documents with my cell phone, send them to my email address, then forward them to the lady at the RI AG's Office. Call me out-dated, I'll consider it a compliment.

As for Facebook: You guessed it! I don't do that either and probably never will. Now, I COULD ask my very tech-savvy wife for assistance in the emailing of pics, etc. She's outstanding with all that stuff. Problem is, she does not know about my $1,434.00 Valor "purchase" and would crown me if she found out!!! See where I'm coming from? At least I can reach out to you guys for moral support, for which I'm grateful.
August 09, 2020, 05:09 PM
Johnny 3eagles
Any updates on this?

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER
August 09, 2020, 05:21 PM
IntrepidTraveler
quote:
Originally posted by kaschi:
...Problem is, she does not know about my $1,434.00 Valor "purchase" and would crown me if she found out!!! See where I'm coming from? At least I can reach out to you guys for moral support, for which I'm grateful.

Kind of hard to do the "Honey, it's been in the safe for years, hadn't you noticed", if you don't have it yet....

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)
August 10, 2020, 08:40 AM
pwelch001
What’s the good word kaschi?
August 10, 2020, 11:45 AM
kaschi
Thanks for checking in on my predicament with D&L Shooting Supplies Inc.
Last week the lady at the RI Attorney General's Office got back to me and said it would be no problem to fax them "supporting documentation" in my case against D&L. So I faxed these items:

1). Letter sent to D&L (including the Certified Mail Return Receipt showing that it was signed for by someone at D&L) requesting that they send the gun.
2). Copies of the Postal Money Orders (front and back) proving that they were deposited into D&L's bank account. Fortunately, I wrote in the GB Item Number and Order Number in the "memo" section of the MOs. To support that, a copy of the GB page showing those Item and Order Numbers was faxed.
3). Copy of the letter I sent to GB complaining about D&L requesting they get involved to get my money back.

So, we'll see how things continue to unfold after the RI AG presents this to D&L. I'll run this by my gun dealer to give him a heads up in the event the RI AG Office contacts him.

I'll definitely keep you posted when something happens so until then, wish me luck!
August 14, 2020, 10:07 PM
SIGfourme
I stopped into D&L and advised the owners of the situation . They were unaware of the problem. I was assured by the owners that you will be contacted tomorrow. If you do not here from D&L tomorrow- e mail me.
Frank
August 15, 2020, 08:10 AM
.38supersig
Nice!

Hopefully it will get resolved soon.

August 16, 2020, 08:03 AM
Beancooker
Curious if the owners reached out?

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread
August 16, 2020, 07:15 PM
kaschi
THANK YOU SIGfourme!!! I have not heard from them (yet).... Let's wait till the end of tomorrow(Monday) and see if they reach out. If not, look forward to an email. Thanks again.
August 16, 2020, 07:26 PM
SIGfourme
The owner and son were quite sincere in making sure this gets resolved.
D&L opens tomorrow at noon.
August 19, 2020, 12:17 PM
kaschi
Still have not heard from those clowns and it's Wednesday. Just think how simple it is for them to "resolve" this: Review the proof submitted and write me a check for $1,434.00!!! At this point, I don't want the gun from them. For all I know, they may try to pass a used one as NIB. I don't trust them.
@SIGfourme: You have an email!
August 19, 2020, 01:27 PM
Dreamerx4
Owner and son must not be too concerned as several days have passed with no contact.

August 19, 2020, 03:16 PM
Georgeair
And they’re certainly now “aware”. What a lame excuse.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

August 19, 2020, 03:29 PM
triggertreat
I posted a question on their Facebook page about contacting you (a customer that made a purchase on GB ) edit-Post back up.They know there is an issue. I'd go after them!

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!