SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    People assuming the worst
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

People assuming the worst Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted
A friend of nearly 15 years is currently in jail for what is a horrible crime. The whole situation is one hell of a gut punch. There’s a chance it’s a vindictive soon to be ex setting him up. Regardless, I’ve been flooded with “I can’t believe he did that” messages. It’s gotten to the point that I’ve had to copy and paste the same response all night long: An accusation is not a conviction. Don’t jump to conclusions when you have no information other than a sensationalized article in a low grade newspaper. People are so easily manipulated. Mad

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Innocent until proven guilty. Be thankful the “I can’t belive he did that” crowd are not jurors.
They must be friends with soon to be ex.

I hope justice and peace for you & your pal.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
A ‘vindictive soon to be EX’ is capable of a lot of things. Not saying that is the situation, but worth keeping an eye on.

Posts: 6129 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not saying he's guilty, but a whole lot of my friends have committed awful crimes and gone to prison. I don't much have friends anymore, just a couple old guys I sometimes have lunch with. (ROMEO club-retired old men eating out.)Awful being subjective, of course. Mostly sex with inmates and introducing drugs into a correctional facility.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Not saying he's guilty, but a whole lot of my friends have committed awful crimes and gone to prison. I don't much have friends anymore, just a couple old guys I sometimes have lunch with. (ROMEO club-retired old men eating out.)Awful being subjective, of course. Mostly sex with inmates and introducing drugs into a correctional facility.

"Whole lot of my friends have committed awful crimes." Who have you been hanging out with? Wow. As a friend of mine who was a parole officer used to say to the guys he supervised - "You need to find a new sandbox to play in. If you keep playing in the same one, you'll find yourself locked up again in no time."

Posts: 1042 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Whole lot of my friends have committed awful crimes." Who have you been hanging out with? Wow. As a friend of mine who was a parole officer used to say to the guys he supervised - "You need to find a new sandbox to

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The guy was a Federal correctional officer if I recall correctly. Most people make friends at work. Cut him some slack.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
"Whole lot of my friends have committed awful crimes." Who have you been hanging out with? Wow. As a friend of mine who was a parole officer used to say to the guys he supervised - "You need to find a new sandbox to

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The guy was a Federal correctional officer if I recall correctly. Most people make friends at work. Cut him some slack.

Wasn't aware of that. I must have missed it. Slack has been cut! Apologies.

Posts: 1042 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post