SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Foreign call centers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Foreign call centers Login/Join 
posted
I cannot remember the last time I ate fast food. I think it was four years ago, and I went inside. I appreciate the reminders of what I am missing.

My biggest complaint has been dealing with foreign call centers. Any suggestion as to how to circumvent? Second question is the savings factor. How much are corporations saving by having these centers and annoying people?

Do not suggest the website, since they are poorly designed and never seem to address the concern that I have.

Thanks for the help. I will be dealing with the letter I got from our local hospital that informs me that regrettably my personal information has again been compromised. The CEO administrator promises to improve their "SECURITY POSTURE". It is reassuring to know that the breech occurred last year and includes all identifying information as well as medical records.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I kinda like it! Sounds like "one of those days" and the OP summarized it perfectly!

Jim

Posts: 1344 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Wait. You call foreign call centers while in McDonald's and receive mail there from the hospital?

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Say what?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
You just improved my confusion posture.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
yeah - I don't know what in the hell the fast food had to do with a call center.

Stream of conciousness only works when you live with someone and even then, it's spotty...

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I stole a pie!

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I kinda like it! Sounds like "one of those days" and the OP summarized it perfectly!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yeah. Thank you for understanding. Stream of consciousness. Was one of those days. Just needed to vent. Thanks

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Be careful. I think Bendable has hacked your account.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
I stole a pie!
Confess your sins.

Oh, wait. You already did. Cool

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Foreign call centers.
Yep. I learned a long time ago that East Texan and East Indian dialects are not compatible.
On one especially frustrating call I was calling out a string of letters and numbers. The help desk person kept getting one wrong. Admittedly it was probably due as much to my sometimes quite thick accent and drawl. But after several tries I finally said “no, P as in Pneumonia”
Total silence on the line for several seconds. Smile

Posts: 6289 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hudr:
Foreign call centers.
Yep. I learned a long time ago that East Texan and East Indian dialects are not compatible.
On one especially frustrating call I was calling out a string of letters and numbers. The help desk person kept getting one wrong. Admittedly it was probably due as much to my sometimes quite thick accent and drawl. But after several tries I finally said “no, P as in Pneumonia”
Total silence on the line for several seconds. Smile

Sometimes, they just C'aint understand!

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Be careful. I think Bendable has hacked your account.

Could be. I am getting spam email about socks sales and the matchstick museum replica of Notre Dame cathedral in Iowa.

Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hudr:

[Slight thread drift]
East Texas does have its own unique accent, totally unlike the rest of Texas. I spent my formative years growing up in East Texas (Longview, Marshall, Texarkana), in the late 1950's early 1960's.

Fast forward 50 years, I met a member at a new (to me) range in Wilhoit AZ, and before he said 3 words I said "you're from East Texas, aren't you". Turned out we both lived in Texarkana at the same time, and went to the same church.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember about 10 years ago my parents had moved into a new house and Dad was in the process of having his cable service hooked up . He picked up the cordless phone and walked outside to call COX Cable . A few minutes later we heard him yell " Dammit ! Does anybody there speak English ? " . My sister ran outside to take over before he lost his shit completely .

Posts: 3971 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
When my Dad was in his mid-80's, he had to call his local (NH) internet provider for some internet connection issues. The non-local phone support wanted him to ensure the jello cable was plugged in. Not being computer cable savvy they were clueless what he was talking about. After being on the phone for a while they eventually figured out he was talking about the yellow cable. He really enjoyed telling that story.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
How much are corporations saving by having these centers and annoying people?

They save a LOT because they don't pay them anything much so the call centers in India make their money by selling your information to Nigeria.

Posts: 22860 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Say what?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

The ones that are funny to me are when you get an obviously East Indian call taker who says his name is Dave (or Frank, or Bob). Sometimes you can't even understand them pronouncing their "name".

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
His name is really "Peggy".

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post