SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Tardive Dyskinesia- the latest disease we now have a commercial about
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tardive Dyskinesia- the latest disease we now have a commercial about Login/Join 
Picture of mcrimm
posted
It seems like every week, TV pushed a new disease has some miraculous drug to relieve the itch/pain/involuntary flatulence/halitosis/etc. Bring back the Hamm’s Beer Bears. From the land of sky blue waters..........

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4216 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My new fave TV ad is the one where they want help you out with your oddly shaped pee-pee!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was rather surprised to hear of a commercial about Tardive Dyskinesia which is typically caused by long term usage of certain antipsychotic drugs. It is debilitating and there is no cure. IMHO advertising prescription drugs to the public is just wrong.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Maybe with the President's executive orders yesterday the reduced prescription drug pricing and therefore profits will impact the glut of asinine drug commercials.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
or maybe there is an opprotunity.

Maybe there needs to be one 24 hour channel that has only diseases on it
head to toe infants to the elderly

Diseases and then places that need money to treat the diseases. day and night
and then
another channel

that pushes all the drugs,treatments and cures.

there should be someone making money here

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^
I like that idea. You could also add all the ambulance chasing lawyers. In between you could have that Flex Seal guy and Biden campaign commercials.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe with the President's executive orders yesterday the reduced prescription drug pricing and therefore profits will impact the glut of asinine drug commercials.

^^^^^^^^^
Trump has not signed anything yet. He is giving them until August 24th to come up with an alternate idea. Sadly it will not end the commercials because they increase drug company profits.

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:

^^^^^^^^^
Trump has not signed anything yet. He is giving them until August 24th to come up with an alternate idea. Sadly it will not end the commercials because they increase drug company profits.

Gotcha. Thought he signed 3 of 4...

Regardless I'm with mcrimm... bring back humorous commercials for "normal" commodities and kill off all these drug pitches.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
or maybe there is an opprotunity.

Maybe there needs to be one 24 hour channel that has only diseases on it
head to toe infants to the elderly

Diseases and then places that need money to treat the diseases. day and night
and then
another channel

that pushes all the drugs,treatments and cures.

there should be someone making money here

As an added benefit, you could threaten miscreant teenage kids with it!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For mcrimm. A staple of my youth watching the Cubs play. My understanding is that the bear was permanently retired because it might induce kids to drink. Really??

Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
For mcrimm. My understanding is that the bear was permanently retired because it might induce kids to drink. Really??

Nah, I think the 18 year old drinking age in Wisconsin, where I grew up, had a lot to do in inducing me to drink. That, plus the easy to create fake identity cards might have played a role.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4216 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I was 18 we used to go fishing and beer drinking on Lake Petenwell at Gary's Hideway. It was a lot of fun since Illinois had a 21 year old drinking age.

posted Hide Post
How about the one with John Elway and the involuntary finger malady?

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My favorite is John Madden:

His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
My new fave TV ad is the one where they want help you out with your oddly shaped pee-pee!

Pierogi's disease.

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I've probably said it here before but when you see one of those commercials go to GoodRx and price that new drug just for shits and giggles. Typically you will be amazed.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5681 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:

Pierogi's disease.

I love Perogies! Cool

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
O.M.G. Eek

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
I've probably said it here before but when you see one of those commercials go to GoodRx and price that new drug just for shits and giggles. Typically you will be amazed.

A few months back, I was prescribed Xarelto, an anti-coagulant. Never being on any prescription drugs until recently, I never signed up for Part D Medicare. Three weeks worth of Xarelto was $685 with GoodRx. I can't afford it because I'm sending $19 a month to ten or twelve different charities, including those Jewish holocaust survivors, shivering through Russian winters. Let's see, the war ended 75 years ago, shouldn't those folks be dead by now?

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post