SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Pictures with .webp file extension
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pictures with .webp file extension Login/Join 
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted
All you people posting images in your posts with the .webp file extension. I don't use Chrome or Opera. I can't see the pictures. So thanks for nothing.

Posts: 3369 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
I mean those Google Chrome users... To a lesser extent, also Opera users... Who post pictures... That I can't see.

Posts: 3369 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Skeptic
Picture of Mike the Texan
posted Hide Post
What browser do you use?

Posts: 220 | Location: Near a white sand beach. | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
I ran into this as well.
Here is an example of an image that works in Chrome but not in IE.

In this case, changing the extension from .webp to .gif, it seems to work in IE.

Posts: 4123 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I can't see them in Firefox either

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23099 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
I'm sure Firefox, which is what I normally use, will have an extension available or will be updated sometime and support this new file extension created by Google. But why would those assholes create a new file extension when there are already so freakin' many? Everyday I hate them more and more.

posted Hide Post
One day I will relearn how to post pics on here.
I forgot

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Its not those posting webp images that are the problem, it's Mozilla/Firefox refusing to incorporate Googles webp image compression format.

https://www.wired.com/2011/05/...e-adds-it-to-picasa/

so basically, it's your choice of browser Big Grin

Posts: 23243 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post