SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    When you buy a snow blower or other product, be sure to register it
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When you buy a snow blower or other product, be sure to register it Login/Join 
posted
...WHEN you buy it, not three years later! I'm going to start up the MTD tomorrow, reviewing the manual can't hurt. In the handy folders my wife keeps I see the original card with date of sale and nothing else. The registration www site is also there, but no note saying "Done on xx date."

They accepted it via the www site, but I feel like an idiot for not doing it when I first got the product.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MTD puts the manufacturing date in the serial number, however warranty starts at time of purchase, usually they will fall back to man. date if you have no receipt or forgot to register it.

Posts: 170 | Registered: March 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have found that registration is not necessary in most cases for warranty work. In fact, some manufacturers tell me it is for marketing purposes only. Of course snow blowers could be the exception.

Posts: 17230 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I do it for all of my appliances and power tools. No spam yet.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17276 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
I have found that registration is not necessary in most cases for warranty work. In fact, some manufacturers tell me it is for marketing purposes only. Of course snow blowers could be the exception.

I had Generac bust my balls on it once with regards to a pressure washer but they backed off once I produced a receipt

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
some of them have keys on them
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/1620093534/p/1
Big Grin

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54625 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
I do it for all of my appliances and power tools. No spam yet.

I did it with the Panasonic TV I bought in '09. A year later I kept getting calls to purchase an extended warranty. Each time I explained that there wasn't a snowball's chance in Hell of that happening, and to take me off the call list. "Yeah, yeah, sure." Didn't end until I politely told the hapless young soul on the other end of the call that if I received one more phone call or email that I would be speaking to them through my lawyer. It's been 7 years and counting.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3352 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
You mean the warranty hasn't expired anyhow?

Posts: 17884 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
You mean the warranty hasn't expired anyhow?

Oops! It's a two year warranty and I bought it...three years ago. Maybe I'll start another thread, "Read your owner's manual word for word, even the small print." Smile

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post