SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Mayonnaise, again!
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mayonnaise, again! Login/Join 
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
I can make wonderful hollandaise sauce from scratch.

We pour it on asparagus.

Bless you!!!

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Only excuse for not liking mayonnaise is an egg allergy. Smile

And absolutely love Eggs Benedict with real Hollandaise.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Only excuse for not liking mayonnaise is an egg allergy.

^^^^^^^^^^^
This seems like a love hate thing. Strong opinions here. I thought that only Southerners had this fascination with Mayo.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
They seem to put that snot on everything!

Most everything anyway. At least Chick-fil-A doesn't put it on the spicy chicken biscuit, but I'll have to make sure they haven't changed it. Wink

CFA deliberately doesn't put sauce on anything, letting the customer pick the sauce. the Chargrilled still comes with the Honey Roasted BBQ, and the old wraps had a specific dressing they were supposed to "come with" but we'd always still ask what they wanted, sauce wise.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Mayonnaise and Miracle Whip are disgusting. Leave it off!

Posts: 12434 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
It has its place

Dave's Killer Whole Wheat Bread
Home grown tomato
Duke's mayonnaise

Posts: 1057 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BlackTalonJHP:

It has its place

Dave's Killer Whole Wheat Bread
Home grown tomato
Duke's mayonnaise
Sounds good.

Bacon would improve it.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Mmmmmmm.....

Bacon improves everything Big Grin

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like Mayonnaise (Duke's) on certain things like a Sub. Never on a burger or eggs or anything like that.

Thank god a lot of you guys aren't eating food in Central America. They put equal parts: Mayo, Ketchup, and Mustard on damn near everything that's on a bun. Burger's, hot dogs, egg sandwiches, Sweet onion terryaki sub at subway......it's the GROSSEST concoction I've ever tasted.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Loves me some mayo on French FriesSmile (Too many years in W. Germany.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Loves me some mayo on French FriesSmile (Too many years in W. Germany.

Try tarter sauce on fries it's even better than mayo...….or Taziki sauce also is great for dipping fries into.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We love mayonnaise and Miracle
Whip, both. Only thing about CFA, is that I gotta take it home and put my own Miracle
Whip on the sandwich.

I'm not from Central America, and have never been there, but it sounds like my kind of dining-mustard, ketchup and mayo on everything with a bun. Or on any sandwich, bread, bun, muffin or bagel (okay, maybe not PB & J).

Bob

This message has been edited. Last edited by: straightshooter1,

Posts: 1558 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
I hate mayo too. In the South it seems to be as prevalent as SWEET TEA. I dislike both. I also don't care for special sauce. I had a roommate from the South who ate raw hot dogs out of the fridge after he dipped them in the Mayo jar.

Where did you bury the body?

"The days are stacked against what we think we are." Jim Harrison

Posts: 1116 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He survived somehow. He still resides in Virginia.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I’ve unfortunately eaten a lot of McDonald’s breakfast over the years and I do not think they put mayo on ANY of their breakfast sandwiches. If it was mayo they either made it wrong or someone ordered it that way and you accidentally got it. The breakfast bagel sandwiches get smeared with a large goop of garlic butter, which is pretty tasty.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm really surprised at the number of people here on this Forum who don't like mayo and especially surprised that some don't like it on their burger (a ground chuck cheeseburger with mustard, mayo or miracle whip, onion, small leaf of lettuce, small amount of ketchup, on an onion roll is pretty close to heaven for me).

We had a mens group from our Church over at our house a few weeks back (Baptists, so they can really eat) and we got the various sandwiches, like sub rolls from Publix, but we told them no condiments. We set out different mustards, some ketchup (only a couple of odd eaters put that on their subs-yuck, gag!) and pickles, lettuce, Miracle Whip and Duke's mayo. The mustards and the mayo really got slabbed on the sandwiches.

If you don't like mayo, have you tried Miracle Whip? I prefer it over mayo, but I suppose not everyone has tried it, perhaps thinking it is just another mayo. I love it on CFA's chicken sandwich, though I do mayo, too, sometimes (not together, though).

Bob

This message has been edited. Last edited by: straightshooter1,

Posts: 1558 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
You better be serving Duke's or you're not doing it right.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Loves me some mayo on French FriesSmile (Too many years in W. Germany)

Same here!!

Posts: 1546 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
Only excuse for not liking mayonnaise is an egg allergy.

^^^^^^^^^^^
This seems like a love hate thing. Strong opinions here. I thought that only Southerners had this fascination with Mayo.

Well, his location does have South in it.

Posts: 10821 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
I love MW on sandwiches, but have never seen it offered by any sandwich places. If only they stock some single serve packets, I won't have to carry a squeeze bottle around like some weirdo. I've never seen them in the wild, so I make do with mayo.

Posts: 2640 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post