SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Mayonnaise, again!
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mayonnaise, again! Login/Join 
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
The McDonald's website calls it "breakfast sauce" but the ingredients are pretty close to mayo:

"Breakfast Sauce
Ingredients: Soybean Oil, Water, Egg Yolks, Egg Whites, Distilled Vinegar, Contains 2% or Less: Salt, Corn Syrup Solids, Sugar, Lemon Juice Concentrate, Modified Food Starch, Spices, Natural Flavors, Dehydrated Cheddar Cheese (Cultured Pasteurized Milk, Salt, Enzymes), Yeast Extract, Buttermilk Powder, Whey Powder, Propylene Glycol Alginate, Sodium Benzoate and Potassium Sorbate (Preservatives), Xanthan Gum, Maltodextrin, Extractives of Turmeric (Color), Natural Smoke Flavor, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein (Corn, Soybean), Calcium Disodium EDTA (Protect Flavor)."

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
It's hollandaise sauce.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
Yea, it’s terrible.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
I've never encountered mayonaise at a McDonalds.

Same.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dan03833:
I'd say 80% of the time I order a Turkey club, no mayo, it gets mayo.

Turkey club without mayo? ...you aint from around these parts are you?

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scientific Beer Geek
posted Hide Post
I cannot stand mayo either. It is totally in my head, since I like the components that go into mayo. My dad used to force it on me as kid and I became wired to hate the stuff.

The only mayo I can tolerate is the Japanese stuff when they make spicy tuna rolls as long as they do not go overboard on the mayo in the mixture.

Just my experience and personal taste,

Mike

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2078 | Location: Philadelphia Suburbs | Registered: August 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
hollandaise sauce

That, I don't care for.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Y'all need to try real Eggs Benedict and real Hollandaise sauce...

Of course, one may substitute smoked salmon for the Canadian bacon Smile

Bagels deserve smoked salmon, red onion, cream cheese... yummmmmm Big Grin

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:

Y'all need to try real Eggs Benedict and real Hollandaise sauce...

Of course, one may substitute smoked salmon for the Canadian bacon Smile

Bagels deserve smoked salmon, red onion, cream cheese... yummmmmm Big Grin
I like Eggs Benedict. I like smoked salmon. Actually, two of my favorites.

I tried the smoked salmon instead of Canadian bacon for Eggs Benedict, that combination did not work for me.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
I am saddened to hear that.

A very good friend of mine in Vancouver raved about it to me. Unfortunately, haven't had an opportunity to try it Frown

Mebbe just too rich?

Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
I understand the Bad Mayo reference.

Eggs Benedict are good, I prefer Florentine for the spinach. McD's is just not going be making that good a sauce, the food is being produced on an industrial scale. For breakfast at McD's I prefer the Sausage-Egg Biscuit for the grease and simplicity.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
Mayo on a breakfast bagel? WTF?

I like mayo, but not on that.

Agreed... I like mayo but not on this.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

I am saddened to hear that.

A very good friend of mine in Vancouver raved about it to me. Unfortunately, haven't had an opportunity to try it Frown

Mebbe just too rich?
Nope, not too rich, it's just that I did not like particular combination of flavors.

I like smoked salmon. On a bagel, or cut into pieces and mixed into scrambled eggs with some onion. I like Eggs Benedict with Hollandaise. I just did not like the combination of smoked salmon with Hollandaise. Two good flavors, when they are separate, but not good together, for my taste.

But a plug for the diner where I tried it: The Cracked Egg, in Daytona Beach Shores. Good food (even though I did not like this particular dish).

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Understood, sir.

Cut into pieces and mixed into scrambled eggs with onion sounds pretty darn good to me Smile

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

Understood, sir.

Cut into pieces and mixed into scrambled eggs with onion sounds pretty darn good to me Smile
Cooking hint: I start the onions first, in melted butter. I have not tried KerryGold yet. Wink When the onions are just beginning to show a bit of brown around the edges, I add the eggs.

Salmon is the last thing to be added to the mix, just before the eggs are done. I find that if I add the salmon sooner and it cooks longer, it gets a bit tough.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bought a breakfast sandwich from our local McDonald's--egg, sausage, and cheese on a bagel.
Got it home and--yup!--it had mayonnaise on it.
I fear that the whole world is addicted to this foul white pus-colored substance.
Yecchhh!

I'm with you man!

Mayo is like the juice that comes dripping out the back of a garbage truck on a July day.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

Cooking hint: I start the onions first, in melted butter. I have not tried KerryGold yet. Wink When the onions are just beginning to show a bit of brown around the edges, I add the eggs.

Salmon is the last thing to be added to the mix, just before the eggs are done. I find that if I add the salmon sooner and it cooks longer, it gets a bit tough.

Thank you for that.

Yes, the salmon should be at the absolute very end, just before serving...

Nice segue with the butter Wink

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I can make wonderful hollandaise sauce from scratch.

We pour it on asparagus.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
It could’ve been worse...at least it wasn’t Miracle Whip Eek

M Whip and bologna (or peanut butter, ham) are good on crushed wheat sammich bread.
M Whip also good 50/50 with Best Foods on sammich of roast beef or egg.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6295 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^
Sounds like the menu at a Federal Correctional Facility. Yuck.

Posts: 17176 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post