SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Zero tolerance for racism!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zero tolerance for racism! Login/Join 
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
I hope pollack jokes are still ok Wink

Ethnic jokes are still fair game?

It's OK - I'm "consonant-enabled" and allowed to make such statements!

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4571 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been happily inter-racially married guy for over 40 years now. Yet I got called out by Para himself (rightly so) for racism on this very forum for making a joke (**cough** TRYING to make a joke **cough**). I try and not trip over my dick, but fail, all the time, like most of us. So I always try and go an extra mile (even before being called out by Para) to give the other folks, whomever they may be, extra respect. I fail all the damned time. What I'm left with is looking the offended party in the eye and apologizing. I then promise to myself that I will try to do better, and I do try, but recently got called out for sexism on another site for telling a true story. So I apologized and moved on.

The shit can be so damn confusing that for now, that's all I have to say on this topic, and wish you all well on sorting it out. And if these words offend anyone, I'm sorry, it wasn't meant to do so at all.

I try. If we all do, then the world will be a better place. No reason to be putting others down via what we personally may perceive as humor.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:

It's OK - I'm "consonant-enabled" and allowed to make such statements!

Only if you're Italian and explain why Italians make the best helicopter pilots.

Wop, wop, wop. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14034 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Racism is in the mind of the beholder and in this case, it seems to be your boss....at least he thinks it is.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Scratch off the red dot and see if you won a 7-11.

Posts: 157 | Registered: October 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nothing under the dot means you got to work offering tech support to Americans.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by sgalczyn:

We owe a debt of gratiude to the Polish people, you know, a polish fella invented the toilet seat!
A week later, when the Irish saw it, they cut a hole in it.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Drunk or really smart indian?

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
You really should try and break the ice, good relations at work mean better health, better performance and an improved outlook on life.

Every day you should bring him a Slurpee from 7-11 and put it on his desk as a sign of friendship...

Posts: 23381 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry, I couldn't resist Wink

quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
You really should try and break the ice, good relations at work mean better health, better performance and an improved outlook on life.

Every day you should bring him a Slurpee from 7-11 and put it on his desk as a sign of friendship...

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Would it be an offense to say "Good morning, Dalit."?

Posts: 45369 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
If he gives you any more trouble, shoot his cow.

win

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
If he gives you any more trouble, shoot his cow.

win

I would never shoot his wife...

Posts: 4701 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm half Italian half Irish. My ex wife is half Mexican. My son is a mutt, but damn cute.

Since I got divorced I have dated Chinese, Japanese, Ethnically Korean Chinese, Philippina, Vietnamese, and American.

The Indian boss (now ex-voss) I am rather sure has narcissistic personality tendencies, if not the full disorder. This compounds the ego and superiority issues.

He doesn't drink, doesn't eat meat/fish/egg, and pretty much does nothing interesting or fun. And expects the US to ceed to his superiority. I have travelled a lot and my approach is "when in Rome". He seems to think his culture should prevail no matter where he is and he doesn't need to adjust himself.

Sorry, but when you want to immigrate to another country, you need to respect the other country and assimilate, not expect them to bend you you.

Posts: 4701 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
There's an echo in here.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30641 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
There's an echo in here.

Sorry about that, not sure how that happened. I deleted the duplicate posts.