SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Contractors that can't keep a schedule.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Contractors that can't keep a schedule. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
From the other end of things. How about when clients have 100% unreasonable expectations. Perfect example. I work commercial concrete restoration and the project I am currently working on is a 5 story parking structure with an active busway underneath. Last Thursday afternoon a 40lb piece of concrete fell from the ceiling down into the bus station. The client wanted us to build protection over the bus station. All 9800 square feet with 8 guys from noon Saturday and have the bus station open by 4am Monday.
Are you out of your fucking mind? We had 2 feet of vertical space to crawl around in with 4’x16” sistered 2x4 framing laying them across trusses 9’ apart with a 30’ drop below. I got the work order officially at 7:30pm Friday night. Worked from 7am-7:30pm Saturday and 6am-10pm Sunday.
My guys killed themselves so we could get half the bus station open and safe for the public.
Response from the client. Well can you do the other 6000 square next weekend. Nope we will work on it during our regularly scheduled work week.
Don’t demand a completion date that is 100% impossible. Ask me the foreman what is and isn’t possible. I’ll give you an honest expectation of what my crew can do per day and we will get it done.

Posts: 1608 | Registered: March 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post