SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    American Airlines
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

American Airlines Login/Join 
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
I am biased. I also hate flying for vacation. I also work for an airline. I also live near you (Frederick county). I know you love your miles and first class but for a trip like you are taking Southwest offers multiple non stops a day. No layover, no plane swap, no extra chance of losing baggage, weather, or mechanical issues. I always choose a non stop if it’s available. I know, I’m sure you hate Southwest. For a non stop though, it’s a no brainer to me. Bring a sandwich and a book you will be there hours earlier and less pissed off. Lol

Southwest is great. I used them a lot for short flights on business.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like them too but like I said I’m biased. They pay my mortgage. Lol

Posts: 7446 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I even got to fly on Shamu once.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to fly Shamu all the time. Another victim of cancel culture. Sea World used to fly the penguins around so after all the passengers got off we got to “play” with them. Walk up the jetway, etc. Very cool that.

Posts: 7446 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tinyman
posted Hide Post
At one time in my previous life before I retired, I was an on-call mechanic for all the commercial planes here in KBHM (Birmingham, Alabama). I recall a call from SW Maintenance Control, one of their jets had a bird strike. Off I go hoping there is no damage.

Up top, talked to the Captain, "any idea where it hit"? "no, just heard a thump". "Did you smell baked chicken" (down the intake)", "no". Guess I'll take trip round the 37. Small blood trail on the left wing -- no damage.

Back up top -- "Captain, no damage and I cleaned the area" -- time to sign the log book. Mentioned that BHM was Southwests #2 for bird strikes and that pissed me off -- we try to be #1. Dry humor only from the Captain. I thought it was funny, but then I'm just an A&P.

Stupid people are like glo-sticks.
I want to shake the shit out of them
till the light comes on

Posts: 315 | Location: Leeds, Alabama | Registered: August 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would have laughed.

Picture of Tinyman
posted Hide Post
99% of "my" customers were great. It would be hard to line them up but SW among the top, AA among the bottom, Comair, Continental, Delta (mainline) NW and the others scattered in the middle.

Stupid people are like glo-sticks.
I want to shake the shit out of them
till the light comes on

Posts: 315 | Location: Leeds, Alabama | Registered: August 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I put Southwest, Alaska and Hawaiian at the top, United and American at the bottom.

I flew Allegiant once last year strictly because the airport they fly out of is around 5 miles from my house so it's convenient. Great airport also, but....

As a friend of mine told me. He flew it once and while walking off the plane the Flight Attendant said something to the effect that she hoped he enjoyed his flight. He told her that next time he flew with them he was bringing two bricks to sit on as they'd be softer than the airline seats.

There's a lot of truth in what he said.