SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Gunbroker app now wiped away from iPhone and Android
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gunbroker app now wiped away from iPhone and Android Login/Join 
posted
Evidently the app promotes violence or does not meet their crappy criteria. No mention of it not complying with security standards or anything else.

It is now no longer available. I only found out because I had to replace my phone and noticed the app didn't migrate across like my other apps.

There is something very wrong with this world. I don't want to revert to telegraph or the pony express, but man the politics of EVERYTHING needs to be cut out. Don't like the app? Don't install it. Simple.

There is something good and motherly about Washington, the grand old benevolent National Asylum for the helpless.
- Mark Twain The Gilded Age

#CNNblackmail #CNNmemewar

Posts: 706 | Location: Seacoast in USA | Registered: September 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
In the past GunBroker.com has offered mobile app solutions for our customers. Recently, policy changes by Apple and Google have made it impossible for GunBroker.com to place our apps in their stores for distribution. This means that delivering the app to you is now more difficult or impossible. Information about the policy changes is available below.
https://support.gunbroker.com/...25068787-Mobile-Apps

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised more people are not reacting to this. this follows the narrative that anything that could be seen as "conservative" or whatever you wish to label it is blocked by what is effectively a common carrier- 98% of phones are either iPhone or Android.

Similarly, I have noticed the xfinity app on Roku does not consistently show the fox news channel when browsing live channels in the news category. MSNBC abd CNN are always present.

We are being silenced. It irks me.

There is something good and motherly about Washington, the grand old benevolent National Asylum for the helpless.
- Mark Twain The Gilded Age

#CNNblackmail #CNNmemewar

Posts: 706 | Location: Seacoast in USA | Registered: September 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
Drudge Report app also blown away from iPhone.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2184 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Censoring movies and books considered anti-vaccine were the initial test. Maybe the next step is to start censoring gun related items.

Posts: 2358 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
why couldn't gunbroker host the app its self?

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
that app is still on my iPhone and appears to be working fine.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:

Haven't tried it from my phone. But if the have decent front end developers. Shouldn't be hard to make it a responsive web app.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
One good thing about Android is that you can "side load" apps that aren't officially hosted on their store. The developer just has to make it available for download. Can't do it with the closed system of Apple, since they know what's best for you.
Apple wouldn't even allow the wifi scanning tools we used at work, calling them "hacking tools"/

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I think they were removed from the Apple App Store / Google Play Store. That's how the vast majority of the public gets their phone apps.

quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:

Haven't tried it from my phone. But if the have decent front end developers. Shouldn't be hard to make it a responsive web app.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Since the app still works, and someone has it on their Android and wants to try to "share" it with me, email me and I'll send you my phone number and I'll see if it will work that way.

I am not certain that when you "install" an app from the store, if it downloads, installs and then keeps the downloaded file that is "shared" to another phone, or if it is simply a link shared to the app on the store.

If the former, people can "infect" each other with the GB app, and if the latter, folks are just SOL.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGguy229
posted Hide Post
Mine is still on my phone and works

Posts: 1721 | Location: South.....Carolina | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On my iphone, the app will open but when I click on an individual item, it shuts down. WTF?

Posts: 563 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: February 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Interesting this is being discussed as I was wondering why just today there was no app. All that other childish garbage and games galore but a adult cannot have a app for one of the nets most popular sites ? Maybe I can contact Google. Its not right.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lee40215
posted Hide Post
Maybe try m.gunbroker.com when it comes up on add it to your home screen

Posts: 1097 | Location: Louisville, Kentucky | Registered: August 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Since the app still works, and someone has it on their Android and wants to try to "share" it with me, email me and I'll send you my phone number and I'll see if it will work that way.

I am not certain that when you "install" an app from the store, if it downloads, installs and then keeps the downloaded file that is "shared" to another phone, or if it is simply a link shared to the app on the store.

If the former, people can "infect" each other with the GB app, and if the latter, folks are just SOL.

monkey,,
did any one send it to you?

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lee40215:
Maybe try m.gunbroker.com when it comes up on add it to your home screen
Hey thank you. This works fine.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:...

monkey,,

Nobody loves me...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
It says on GunBroker's support page that you can still download the android version from Aptoid and gives a link to it. Just download it from there.

Posts: 3370 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:...

monkey,,
Nobody loves me...
Not even the horse?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post