SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Are some becoming Karen and Chad patrolling the forum?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are some becoming Karen and Chad patrolling the forum? Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted
Not gonna earn many kudos with this post I'm sure, but I've noticed quite a few members patrolling / policing new threads. I understand the desire to promote Para's edicts about new thread content but much has bordered on anal ala the Karen and Chad in memes and those citizens who religiously seek to report to authorities transgressions like those not wearing masks.

Come on folks, a bit more gentle and selective approach rather than bludgeoning others might serve just as well.

Okay, I'm headed back to my corner now.....

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Reported.

Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
Reported.

Big Grin

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Maybe.

On the other hand, Para has suggested he's only two mouse clicks away from shutting down the forum because some folks aren't getting the message. Having a thread locked or deleted is a clue. If this has happened to you more than once, well...

Karen189, HOA President, 2000-2020; COA President, 1988-1992

Posts: 10824 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see very few memes about Chad. It is all Karen. How come?

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Everyone that will get along fine just fine for the month of July
WITH OUT
SigForum
Raise your hand

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WITHOUT is one word, I think. Yeah I would have some minimal withdrawal, but be OK.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Have you spoken with the manager?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^
Hahahahah

posted Hide Post
The manager hath spoken,
Yes.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Maybe if you think something is worth calling out you might send the "offender" an email explaining your point of view instead of airing it publicly.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5681 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chad knows to shut up when Karen is patrolling, but does demand then manager when she tells him to.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
At Jacob's Well
Picture of jaaron11
posted Hide Post
Busybodies are going to busybody.

There's no shortage of busybodies in the world, and web forums will always have some who try to play the "unofficial moderator" role. Maybe they're trying to win points with the boss or just like playing virtual traffic cop. I prefer to give them the benefit of the doubt that they are attempting to be genuinely helpful to Para and the staff. This forum has been largely self-policing since I got here, and it generally works out. The townfolk are, by and large, helpful, and Para usually steps in with a "cool down, pardner" when a self-appointed sheriff goes too far.

J

Rak Chazak Amats

Posts: 5281 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
Maybe they are just posting to get their post count up. I've been on here ten years and have about 1000 posts. There are people with 20 times that in around the same amount of time. I don't think they are experts in every subject, it's amazing. If you block certain members some of these threads go down immensely in size.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Pffffft!!!

Everybody know those high post counts are nothing IBTL, welcome, and +1 posts. Razz

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8202 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^

+1

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8202 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:

Maybe if you think something is worth calling out you might send the "offender" an email explaining your point of view instead of airing it publicly.
A diplomatically worded reminder in the offending thread might not be a bad thing. It might remind others to stay clear of a topic that Mr. Bellum has declared off limits.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I’m sorry Sir, yesterday was the deadline for filing complaints. Big Grin

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Have you taken your complaint up with a manager?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Picture of Jimg1960
posted Hide Post
Seems to me the first guy to say it would be enough. But then 5 other guys have to get their post counts up reiterating what #1 said.

Posts: 301 | Location: Tennessee  | Registered: July 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post