SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Facebook Business
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Facebook Business Login/Join 
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted
I hate facebook even more now. So many businesses use it as their websites. I get it. It's easy. So I search for the local Eagles club to see if they have scheduled any bands yet. I click on the link to their FB page and get a covid page about who knows what. I searched our business and instead of getting our page I got the same thing. WTF. Rant off.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5681 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
So many businesses use it as their websites

^^^^^^^^^^^
I will not patronize those businesses. Suggest you do the same. I have a small business and pay for my own website.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
I may be contrary but we parked our website because we get 50 times the traffic via social media. Not worth the time or effort to maintain it.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I do not use facebook; if I'm looking for something on the internet I probably will not find a vendor if that vendor does not have a website.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I do not use facebook; if I'm looking for something on the internet I probably will not find a vendor if that vendor does not have a website.

+1 ^^^^

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SSgt USMC/Vet:
quote:

+1 ^^^^

+2 ^^^^^

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
It’s even worse when a business is too damned lazy to take down or update their real website.

Find a business. Confirm hours. Show up to a closed business.

Either take the damned thing down, or at least update it to let me know I need to look at FB for useful information (at which point I start looking elsewhere).

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:

We may not a representative sample here. Appliance Brad seems to have learned that his customers prefer Facebook.

I don't much like Facebook, but we're swimming upstream on this one.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember a dentist friend commenting that he dreaded Yellow Pages referrals. Facebook is not even that. The best attorneys do not advertise. JMHO

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
The facebook format is a sorry excuse of a replacement for a business web site. Maybe if it were very well done it would be passable, maybe, but very few are and most fail miserably.

A bit off the rails I know but, I cannot help remembering a comment from my dad, a life long General Contractor.
He used to say, you should look long and hard at any business that has to advertise, and he never did. One Friday... once in his career... he sent his employees home and had no work lined up for them for Monday. Before Monday arrived he had calls for and three jobs lined up.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
I am in the group of don't like it but have to.....
My FB page gets 80x the traffic of my web page. I killed the web page.

Posts: 5018 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rainman64:
I am in the group of don't like it but have to.....
My FB page gets 80x the traffic of my web page. I killed the web page.

This right here. The traffic difference is amazing.

I don't have a Yellow Pages ad. I don't buy ads on FB. In fact my advertising is the same 60 second spot (copy changes) adjacent to the 08:00 news on the local radio station that I've had for decades. That's it. I turn work away most weeks from people unwilling to wait for a spot on our schedule.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post