SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    What’s with all the dudes at the range shooting with tactical gloves on
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What’s with all the dudes at the range shooting with tactical gloves on Login/Join 
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Is it ok if I wear the Mechanix gloves?

I do, you can too! Big Grin

Me too, I use Gorrilla Gloves from Home Depot, thin enough and work well.
I don't give a damn if someone says "I don't need them" > they need to mind their own business.

Posts: 22894 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I don't think I've ever taken a shot with gloves on. I live in Florida. It's typically somewhere between "warm" and "hot as balls" here. Even hunting on a "cold" morning it was only near 50 degrees and gloves weren't needed.

As for the "what if you are wearing them when attacked" bit, unless my hands are deep in a piece of farm equipment, or running a chainsaw, there will be no gloves around, and the bad guy will likely have gotten the jump on me at that point in any case. I'll just hit them with a wrench or go all Texas chainsaw massacre on them.

The only time I've ever contemplated shooting with gloves has been when its so hot, my black pistols get too hot to hold from the sun.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12766 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:Even hunting on a "cold" morning it was only near 50 degrees and gloves weren't needed.

I've hunted deer at -25 here in MN. Hands in pockets, no gloves for shooting.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
I definitely see the benefits of shooting with gloves, I don't actually do it because I always forget, but having that extra layer helps tame fatigue and sore if you're going to shoot for a while.

Posts: 10831 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've practiced both with and without gloves. I used help out a security company for a while when they set up new accounts or had special coverage requests. If I'm going to be outside in cold weather, I'm probably going to be wearing gloves. I wanted to know exactly what to expect in both instances.

Posts: 2771 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post