smschulz
What’s with all the dudes at the range shooting with tactical gloves on
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Is it ok if I wear the Mechanix gloves?

I do, you can too! Big Grin

Me too, I use Gorrilla Gloves from Home Depot, thin enough and work well.
I don't give a damn if someone says "I don't need them" > they need to mind their own business.
November 08, 2017, 12:15 PM
ArtieS
I don't think I've ever taken a shot with gloves on. I live in Florida. It's typically somewhere between "warm" and "hot as balls" here. Even hunting on a "cold" morning it was only near 50 degrees and gloves weren't needed.

As for the "what if you are wearing them when attacked" bit, unless my hands are deep in a piece of farm equipment, or running a chainsaw, there will be no gloves around, and the bad guy will likely have gotten the jump on me at that point in any case. I'll just hit them with a wrench or go all Texas chainsaw massacre on them.

The only time I've ever contemplated shooting with gloves has been when its so hot, my black pistols get too hot to hold from the sun.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.
November 08, 2017, 12:44 PM
MNSIG
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:Even hunting on a "cold" morning it was only near 50 degrees and gloves weren't needed.

I've hunted deer at -25 here in MN. Hands in pockets, no gloves for shooting.
November 08, 2017, 12:58 PM
darkest2000
I definitely see the benefits of shooting with gloves, I don't actually do it because I always forget, but having that extra layer helps tame fatigue and sore if you're going to shoot for a while.
November 08, 2017, 01:42 PM
SigSAC
I've practiced both with and without gloves. I used help out a security company for a while when they set up new accounts or had special coverage requests. If I'm going to be outside in cold weather, I'm probably going to be wearing gloves. I wanted to know exactly what to expect in both instances.