SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Thanksgiving calorie articles
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thanksgiving calorie articles Login/Join 
posted
Why is it that every news organization feels compelled to run an article every year admonishing us for our Thanksgiving eating habits? Yes, we have a weight problem in this country, but it's not because of a single meal on Thanksgiving.

If you want to lecture people about the evils of those 10,000 extra calories, maybe it would be more effective to cut out 25/day all year long.

Stop it! Let us enjoy our turkey.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
I ate ALL the stuffing today. It was supposed to be a practice run. I’m not looking at the calories. Not today.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5319 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I ate extra helpings of everything, cleaned my plate and feel like a bloated tick.

Not sure how it works, but I helped a half dozen children starving in China.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I ate extra helpings of everything, cleaned my plate and feel like a bloated tick.

Why is it that it's always the China kids that we're helping? When is it gonna be the Venezuelan kids' turn?

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^

It was India when I was a kid. Then Ethiopia. I think North Korea may be in the running this year.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Did we have the same grandmother?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
I think North Korea may be in the running this year.

The NK defector that was shot 5 times went to the SK hospital (they carted him there). His intestines were full of parasites. He was probably getting enough nutrition, it was just his pet worms were eating it all. If Rocket Man would spend some time and money on medicine, he would have the funds to continue his experimets and have a healthy military too.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

Not for nuthin', but, by any chance, was her name... Bubbe?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Not for nuthin', but, by any chance, was her name... Bubbe?
Yeah. Small world, eh?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Yeah it was China in my youth. Angola, Biafra and Bangladesh later on. Who should it be now?

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by k5blazer:
Yeah it was China in my youth. Angola, Biafra and Bangladesh later on. Who should it be now?
I guess I'm older than y'all. It was immediately after WW-2 that my bubbe admonished me about all the starving boys and girls in Europe.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
I’m going to be counting calories on Thanksgiving any day ..............NOT!

I fixed it for ya. Wink

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post