SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Subaru Drivers (again)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Subaru Drivers (again) Login/Join 
Picture of Kraquin
posted Hide Post
I've got a '97 Subaru SVX with only 47k miles on it. I don't drive it much, obviously.

My wife just said, "It doesn't matter how little you drive it, you're still an asshole."

Posts: 391 | Registered: December 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of K0ZZZ
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T.Webb:
I've been thinking about a Forester as my next car, but it's rants like this that have me rethinking my choice.

I had a forester for a few years, I think it was a 2012. Overall I liked it, except it was very slow to accelerate. Like at some intersections I'd have to floor it to make it through safely. Otherwise it was a nice vehicle.

... Chad

http://shotworkspro.com - Much better than scrap paper! Use 'Take5' to get 5 bucks off.

Posts: 770 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Don't know why this is a 'Subaru' thread and not an "asshole leftist" thread, but ok I guess...

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Subaru does appear to accumulate a disproportionate number of Bernie, Hillary and "Coexist" stickers. I even saw a car with a "Hands Off My Body!!!" sticker on it. But to be honest, I couldn't tell if this one was a Subaru or some other SUV. A rather large (not fat, just plain large) woman who I presumed to be its owner was getting out of it and I didn't want to press the matter. Let's just say she didn't need to worry about any man putting his hands on her body to start with. Razz

Posts: 27929 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are not all bad. My son in law drives a suburu sports car.
He is a nice guy. He wanted an AWD car with a stick shift. Not too many choices out there.
I figured he would get a mercedes
or a Porsche.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
I guess we've checked all the boxes. We have a:

1) Subaru Outback,
2) BMW 3 series,
3) Ford Ranger pick up.

We are conservative, I do have Birks, love shooting, I park way out in the parking lot, have never dinged another car, and love cars.

Posts: 3718 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by h2oys:

1) Subaru Outback,
2) BMW 3 series,
3) Ford Ranger pick up.

We are conservative, I do have Birks, love shooting, I park way out in the parking lot, have never dinged another car, and love cars.

You're missing a Prius.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
quote:

1) Subaru Outback,
2) BMW 3 series,
3) Ford Ranger pick up.

You're missing a Prius.

Smile

However being a performance/sports car enthusiast, I would probably never own a Prius. So that box is unchecked.

Posts: 3718 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
*Shrug*

I couldn't give a damn about some supposed stereotype of Subaru owners.

Our whole family drives Subarus: two WRXs, a Forester, and a BRZ. And we used to own a Crosstrek and another WRX too. They're reasonably priced, reliable, extremely safe, fun to drive, have great AWD (except the BRZ sports car), and their Forester/Outbacks have a ridiculous amount of interior cargo space.

If you run into an asshole leftist driving a Subaru, it just means you ran into an asshole leftist, not a Subaru driver.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
If you run into an asshole leftist driving a Subaru, it just means you ran into an asshole leftist, not a Subaru driver.

Agree and well said. Same holds true for all the other spurious associations ranging from Miata's being hairdresser cars to Landrovers being owned by wannabe explorers.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16194 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife is driving a 20 year old Mazda Pick Up, less that 100k on it, but for some reason she wants a new vehicle!

She's thinking about the Subaru Forrester. She's not a Leftist anything, so I guess that'd be okay, wouldn't it?

Just gotta wait till this virus thing is over.

Bob

Posts: 1573 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We Are...MARSHALL
Picture of armedmd
posted Hide Post
So I was seeing a patient in the ED who had fallen and had a small head bleed. I was completing my history and asked how he had fallen. He explained he was looking at his car and missed a step. Seemed like a pretty together guy so I asked what kind of car it was expecting a corvette, mustang or something of that nature. He said it was a Subaru Crosstrek. I replied they’re quite eye catching and moved on.

Build a man a fire and keep him warm for a night, set a man on fire and keep him warm the rest of his life.

Posts: 1894 | Location: WV | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Hey! I drive a Subaru. And some people still like me.....

Actually I chose the Forrester to haul Mother around. She is 95. Bigger doors etc. work better for her.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6312 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
I worked in Army acquisition for ~25 years. Material solutions are driven by requirements. I used a similar process two years when I bought a new car. I ended up with an Outback. It best met my needs. Political/SJW bullshit was not part of the equation.

Posts: 9035 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:
I worked in Army acquisition for ~25 years. Material solutions are driven by requirements. I used a similar process two years when I bought a new car. I ended up with an Outback. It best met my needs. Political/SJW bullshit was not part of the equation.

You and I sound a lot alike.

My last vehicle was a Honda Ridgeline. People used to love to talk shit about how ugly it is, how it isn't a "real truck", etc. I don't care. All that noise doesn't matter. It met all of my requirements when I was car shopping. And it was a damned good vehicle for me.

Same with the Subarus.

Popular opinion, stereotypes, public perception, bragging rights, and online shit-talk are simply not part of the equation.

I don't understand people who wrap their personas revolve around their vehicles... "I'm a Dodge Ram guy, so therefore I must XYZ". "Oh, you love Mustangs, so that must mean ABC." "I only buy Corvettes, because I'm FGH."

It's a tool. It's a means to an end. It's not some deep expression of your inner personality.

Figure out your requirements. Find a vehicle that fits your requirements, whatever it is. Buy it. Drive it from Point A to Point B.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
35 Subaru highway mpg doesn't hurt either

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6312 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I barely got 26mpg in my 3.6R Legacy on the highway. combined averaged almost 21mpg
Confused

I'm sure the 4 cylinders do better.
My current bmw is a 4cyl and I'm averaging 24mpg. Best I got on one highway trip was 34mpg.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All assholes are Subaru drivers, but not all Subaru drivers are assholes.

Although I drive a Subaru, and I’m kind of an asshole!

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
I drove and '02 bugeye WRX for a while, and I wasn't TOO much of an asshole. At least, no more of an asshole than when I switched to a BMW 325i...Hmm, I might not be helping myself here.

- Bret

Posts: 2464 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
quote:

1) Subaru Outback,
2) BMW 3 series,
3) Ford Ranger pick up.

Time to buy an Audi! Or a Mustang! Just to round out the douchemobile collection.

Razz

Posts: 5130 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post