SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Subaru Drivers (again)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Subaru Drivers (again) Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
Asking the question again that I’m sure all Alaskans have, why are Subaru drivers such assholes?

Weekly morning grocery run. Working nights and Carr’s being open 24 hours has advantages, I can avoid the soccer moms and trophy wives at the grocery store by going at weird hours during the night. But no, not this morning. Go to Carr’s and find the front doors locked with a sign taped up, “Due to the Corona Virus Crisis and our employees working extra hard, we’ve reduced our hours to 6:00AM to 10:00PM. Really? I think I’ll suggest that to my boss as a team building exercise and morale builder, we’ll tape up a sign on the front door at work, “Do to the Corona Virus Crisis and our employees working extra hard, we’ve reduced the hours of the Emergency Department to 6:00AM to 10:00PM.” But that’s the subject for another rant.

Go home, return at 6:00AM, park truck at the end of the lot, go in, get my stuff, find out that on the day I actually remember to bring re-usable grocer bags, they’re not allowed, but that’s the subject for another rant. Push my cart out to the parking lot and find a green Subaru Outback parked right off of my driver’s door at the end of the lot. Really? What kind of Birkenstock wearing, burned out hippie, lesbian, liberal political activist would park their Lesbaru right next to my truck out at the end of the lot.

The Birenstocks with socks wearing, old college professor looking, wearing a blue surgical mask kind of Subaru driver.

It gets better, I pack up my groceries and return the cart to the cart corral just in time to turn around and watch the old hippie professor give his cart a push, watch it hit another abandoned cart and then see gravity and physics take effect and both carts turn, roll downhill and into the back bumper of my truck. Really?

I can’t let this crime against humanity and basic human decency go without saying a word.

“HEY ARE YOU REALLY THAT LAZY THAT YOU CAN’T RETURN A SHOPPING CART AND ALLOW IT TO ROLL IT INTO MY TRUCK?”

The old hippie professor starts laughing and states,

“I’m in better shape than you, besides that, it’s just a penis extension.”

GAME ON!

“Really? I have no doubt you have the physical ability to ride a bike up the side of a mountain to self pleasure yourself, but you are severely lacking in common courtesy and thoughtfulness of the common man. I work hard for my money and take pride in my truck. Work ethic and pride, two concepts I’m sure are foreign to your liberal arts education. So learn some manners or go home, pack your boyfriend’s shit, pack your own shit and peddle your asses back to California, Seattle or whatever other third world shit hole that you came from.”

“FUCK YOU!” He yelled as he got into his Lesbaru and hurriedly exited the parking lot displaying California plates, a “Feel the Bern”, a “Save the Salton Sea” (I wonder if he realizes the Salton Sea was created by a manmade accident?), and the blue and yellow equality symbol bumper stickers.

Stereotypes, they exist for a reason.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
You’re a lot nicer than me. It wouldn’t have ended well for that guy.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
You showed great restraint by not putting a boot print in the drivers door of his smugmobile

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Don't you know someone who can deflate tires at 75 meters or something? Smile

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12713 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
You can tell he never got his ass whooped as a child so he acts like that now. Someone is going to pull his card one day.

Posts: 13097 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
I've pushed the carts right back into the offending idiots car before when that happened to me. It was effective and satifying to see it hit.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now wait just a minute. I am a proud Outback owner. I am not a hippie. I am not a liberal AND I'm not a lesbian......I just think like one.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Grade-A Rant!

Um... They have trophy wives in Alaska?

I've lived in Miami and Coral Gables. I spend a decent amount of time in Windermere, Florida. I'm familiar with the concept.

But, I'm thinking, an "Alaska Trophy Wife" thread would be epic.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
Grade-A Rant!

I've lived in Miami and Coral Gables. I spend a decent amount of time in Windermere, Florida. I'm familiar with the concept.

Hey, we have gold to dig up here!

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
“FUCK YOU!”

Typical response when a Birkenstock wearing, burned out hippie, lesbian, liberal political activist can't respond with a logical, coherent, well-formed response.

He got owned and he knew it.

As many have stated on this forum, liberalism is a disease.

Posts: 9035 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
The old hippie professor starts laughing and states,

“I’m in better shape than you, besides that, it’s just a penis extension.”

His day needed to be ruined. What a colossal asshole.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16679 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Did the carts damage your truck at all?

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
Grade-A Rant!

Hey, we have gold to dig up here!

Do they qualify by tits, teeth or truck?

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Save the Salton Sea? Used to live south of there back in the 70’s. It was pretty rank and looked like a post apocalyptic movie. Smelled horrible. Has it improved since then or is saving it a lost cause?

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nframe:
I've pushed the carts right back into the offending idiots car before when that happened to me. It was effective and satisfying to see it hit.

I realize that no good would come from it, but I'll admit that in the moment I would be hella tempted to take that action.

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A weird old burnt out hippie looking dude knocked on my door before the MI primary and wanted to know if I was voting for Bernie. While I was admiring his faded out neck tattoo and telling him I do not support Communism, I noticed his ride: Subaru Outback.
He had committed a faux pas by not mounting a big black plastic box on the roof.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
My philosophy goes like this.....’Not all Subaru drivers are dickheads but every dickhead owns a Subaru’.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of djinco
posted Hide Post
I asked one of those types if the commie stickers were applied at the dealership or if they came from the factory?

Dealership.

Cheers, Doug in Colorado

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 648 | Location: Colorado | Registered: February 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
Did the carts damage your truck at all?

Does it matter?

Posts: 2933 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
My philosophy goes like this.....’Not all Subaru drivers are dickheads but every dickhead owns a Subaru’.

As the owner of five Subies (me and family) I concur!

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4573 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post