Tools

Null Login/Join 
Picture of dwd1985
posted
Null

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dwd1985,

Posts: 4448 | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, it's frustrating to read how the US Postal system tries to work, or not work.

Fortunately, I have a great mail man who has intercepted several packages for me that were scheduled for return to sender due to a shipping address foul up.

Each Christmas he gets a case of his favorite Beer from me.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And they want to increase the price of a first class stamp to become more competitive!

Posts: 1169 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll wager your blood pressure was off the chart using their excellent "automation feature".

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
Is it an Amazon package?

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I send a letter to someone in a town 3 miles west of my house, but deposit the letter at the post office 3 miles east of my house, the letter goes 90 miles south to Columbus, before it goes to the town it is addressed to.
Hey, makes sense to everybody here right??
It used to just go 4 more miles east before it goes 7 miles west. That was not enough for USPS.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
USPS has a new note or tag that is a lot like the FedEx or UPS tag, as far as options on redelivery etc etc,

it has not been set up yet, seems the new tag (Vs the old brownish one) was released too early

I ship a ton of stuff thru USPS, so much that they sent a postmaster by the shop to set me up with a new system they use called XPS Ship,

still goes USPS, but cheaper for me, and I can 'click and ship' first class now,

overall I've been happy with USPS, they have only lost one package since 2004, and only damaged 3

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
I come from a long line of postal workers. My Grandfather was a postmaster and Grandmother a postal clerk, both my parents are retired postmasters. I worked for the post office for two very long years. I could not take it, and quit and got a real job. Grandparents are dead and parents are deeply ashamed of current USPS.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

Posts: 1673 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
It is part of the federal gubbermint! our postal service here ranges from acceptable to ridiculous.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I guess I am one of the few that is not too hard on the USPS. My local post office and postman do a lot better job than UPS or Fedex for me keeping me informed and being on time.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
You can add me to the list. I've been waiting all day for a USPS delivery.

Even though the ship notification said it could be delivered as late as 9pm, by 7:30 I'd given up. But, I got an update at 9pm saying the delivery was being held at the Post Office at customer's request.

WTF!! Mad

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6370 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you know what they pay the workers for the labor they do? Garbage. Complaining about stamps?? Try being a postal carrier for a few weeks. Bet most of you dudes wouldn't like it for too long, or the pay either. All the physical labor, the miles you put on your feet, the searching for mailboxes, and the hours everyday. That's how they get by with the cheap rates. Amazon has done a very good job of taking advantage of their rates over the years as well as I have too. That's why Trump said something about it. Try being a postal carrier or PSE for awhile guys, see how you like it. I bet you won't. I bet you'll be asking for way better wage and hours. The trivial things in life when complaining from your computer..

Posts: 253 | Registered: January 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another thing. I've mailed thousands of packages through the USPS since the late 90's and they've never lost one.

Posts: 253 | Registered: January 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Seotaji
posted Hide Post
Regarding the automated call system for the USPS, I keep pressing 0 and it dumps me off on an CS rep.

I have to use this frequently and sometimes can even get a postmaster to call me!

Call 800-275-8777 or 1-800-ASK-USPS.

When prompted, Press 0.

Wait for the automated operator to start speaking, press 0 again.

Wait for the attendant to speak again, and keep repeating this process (pressing 0) until you are directed to a representative.

Posts: 6917 | Registered: February 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Another thing. I've mailed thousands of packages through the USPS since the late 90's and they've never lost one.

You appear disgruntled.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Experience with them is dependent on your home location. The service here from the post office is outstanding and for that reason I haven't shipped anything UPS or FEDEX in over a year.

Any larger packages are brought to my side door as they won't fit in the mail box. In inclement weather they will attempt to put it inside my garage entry door.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:

You appear disgruntled.

I'm a disgruntled postal worker
I sorted one too many sacks of mail
Been charged with 27 counts of murder
Can you spare 3 mil?
I need to make my bail

Great song by Peter Himmelman Razz

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6370 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thanks for the posting.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, this comment may not fit the original thread starter. What about lost mail, in particular mail with cash inside?

I mailed my son (in the Army) his auto tag paperwork for 2019. He is at FLW, MO, but lives off-base in Waynesville in an apartment complex. I mailed him the paperwork on Oct 20 via a standard #10 security envelope. Inside, in folded paper, I put some cash for his use. He still hasn't received it, but he got a new debit card from our bank here at home in 5 days. He also got a replacement tag paperwork packet in 3 days (this time it went via trackable mail). I have sent many money orders via USPS over the years, and only one was lost for about three weeks, but eventually turned up. I have also sent cash, but it is usually folded / hidden within the envelope where it can't be seen.

Does the PO scan mail for the magnetic strips in cash? Just curious. I noticed that while I was tracking his last mail, it went to the distro center in Kansas City, MO, before being sent to Waynesville.

If it was stolen, I only hope that the thief needed it worse than my son did.

Posts: 489 | Location: Middle Alabama | Registered: February 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post