SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    My Physical Therapist Is Trying To Kill Me.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Physical Therapist Is Trying To Kill Me. Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posed by Pipe Smoker:

I walk about 3 miles most days.
Walking is good.

I do not have a safe place to walk. No sidewalks in my neighborhood, drivers do not pay attention to where they are going, they treat the 25 mph signs as a minimum speed.

Pre-virus, I went to Planet Fitness for ten bucks / month to walk on the treadmills, where there was not much vehicular traffic, and there are handholds to assist with balance.

Now, with virus, I try to minimize my exposure to other people, so no Planet Fitness.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember heck, 20 years ago, when my therapist tried to kill me.
Hurt my back in an accident at work. Felt really bad hurt. Family Doctor sent me to PT. The guy had me on my back and was forcing my lets back toward my head and putting lots of pressure on them.
I did not say anything until about eh 3rd session. He asked if I was getting any relief. I told him that I was getting worse. He told me not to come back. Then I saw a back doctor who found three herniated discs and 3 pinched nerves.
Hang in there V and I hope you get where you want to be.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:

Shouldn’t someone be with you so you don’t fall and injure yourself?
That sounds like an excellent idea!

Actually, the therapist was standing a few feet away, observing me, analyzing my gait. I think that he identified the problem. Wink

Hey, I see that you're in Hoover. I did some contract work there for a while at the BellSouth Data Center. 1995 or thereabout.

My dad retired from the phone company around 91 and then did contract work for a few years including at the data center.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7942 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
and "Hot Yoga" on M/W/F. Smile

Posts: 15887 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I'm taking PT twice a week for a dislocated left shoulder as a result of a car accident in Dec. 2020.

It is rough. I've just been surprised, that there are many simple things I cannot do, without using my right arm as an aid.

Some of the therapist's technique's are better than others. I have 6 weeks total of therapy.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
OTOH, my therapist is a very personable and cute young lady. Smile

So was mine, but I had much lower expectations. All I wanted was the pain to stop when I hobbled.

Her name was "Demara", and she was built pretty darn well. It made the pain she inflicted easier by a long shot. And thats what she asked one day "what do you want and expect from all this?" So I answered her very honestly "to be able to hobble maybe a city block without too much pain". She was aiming much higher and kind of shocked at my low expectations. Honest answers are sometimes the best ones. But I still can't hobble a block without pain.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been a Physical Therapist for many years. There's 2 sentences a repeat over and over during the day. "pick up your feet" and "look up".

Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints

Posts: 43 | Registered: March 05, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^
Welcome to SigForum B Ware!

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8935 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Keep working at it V Tail. When I get to Florida I want an airplane ride! You gotta get better for that to happen. Lol

Posts: 7460 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:

Keep working at it V Tail. When I get to Florida I want an airplane ride!
We can do that, as long as you act as PIC to keep it legal.

FAA has been dragging their heels on my medical certificate, ever since I reported prostate cancer (successfully treated by radiation, but they don't care). I asked them if there had ever been one pilot incapacitated in the air by prostate cancer, they said that didn't matter, they are from the government and are here to help me.

So, the only loggable flying I have done is instruction if I do not have to be PIC. Strangely, you need a medical to act as PIC, but you do not need a medical to instruct. Weird rules, but it's the government.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^
Re: “you do not need a medical to instruct”

Maybe because the instructee is a licensed pilot?

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8935 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:

“you do not need a medical to instruct”

Maybe because the instructee is a licensed pilot?
There is no place in the FARs where it is stated that a CFI (Certificated Flight Instructor) must have a valid medical certificate in order to give instruction, and even to be paid for this.

However, no person may act as PIC (Pilot In Command) if the most recent application for a medical certificate has been denied.

The above conditions mean that if an instructor is not legally able to act as PIC, as in my case, then the person receiving instruction must be legal to act as PIC for that flight.

So, for right now, I can not legally give primary instruction -- the beginning student can not act as PIC for those flights. I can certainly do other types of instruction. For example
  • a private pilot wants instruction toward a commercial certificate.

• a person holding a valid pilot certificate needs a flight review. If that person comes to me the day before his / her current flight review expires, we can do it. If that person comes to me the day after his / her current flight review expires, I can not do it.

• I have an LOA (Letter Of Authorization) from the FAA, specifying that certain experience requirements per the regs, can be satisfied in my simulator. The instruction given for these must be done by a CFI. Clearly, there is no requirement to act as PIC when instructing in a simulator.

• One of my specialties is type-specific instruction in the Bonanza family of airplanes. I have had quite a few clients who have been flying for many years, then bought a Bonanza, their insurance company required them to obtain instruction to transition into these airplanes. If the client already has high performance (not required for the very earliest Bonanzas that had 200 hp or less), and complex endorsements in their logbooks, then the client is legal to act as PIC, so I can give the instruction in those cases.
There are a number of other scenarios in which a CFI may instruct while not legally PIC. Another sort of anomaly, if a CFI holds a third class medical certificate, s/he may not fly for compensation; a second or first class medical is required for that. However, the CFI may give flight instruction for compensation. The FAA's view on this is that the CFI is paid to instruct (no medical required), not to fly.

The rules are not simple, it's easy to get in trouble.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים