SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    20-round Boxes Of SD Ammo For P239 40 S&W? What?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

20-round Boxes Of SD Ammo For P239 40 S&W? What? Login/Join 
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:

(Of course, the 30-round boxes just encouraged everyone to fully load their mags rather than only inserting 29, 28, 25, 21, or whatever as we all know is the proper number of cartridges. Perhaps, then, they realized the error of their ways and decided to save us from ourselves. Whew!)

I only load my 30 rounders with exactly 4.5 rounds each. Wouldn't want to wear out those springs or feedlips prematurely, or fail to fully insert on a full mag. Razz

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Single load, for ultimate reliability. Your double-feed malfunction rate will drop to 0%.

(Your split times do go up a bit, though...)

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JWF:
Here you are. I have bought from them before, good to go.

https://www.laxammo.com/handgu...0-rds-p40hst1-detail

That is a very good price. I don't need any really, but at that price I think I'll buy a couple of boxes. Thanks for the link.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
Everyone knows you carry two magazines and one in the weapon. 7 x 3 = 21. What is this crap of only selling 20-rounds in a box? I mean, really?

Seriously, just glad I have three 7-round magazines!

I think ammo manufacturers should make custom quantities depending on the gun.

They should make a Glock 19 box that comes with 15 rounds and a G19 box +1 if you carry in the chamber and top off...

quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
It's funny how many folks I see buying a new pistol, picking up 2-3 boxes of ball ammo, and 1 20-round box of defensive ammo.

Really - you aren't going to run 2-3 magazines (at least) of the ammunition you intend on carrying through your new pistol?

I knew a guy like that. He justification was that defensive ammo was too expensive. Guess the risk of finding out if it worked or not was worth it during the most crucial time.

Posts: 13110 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NovX makes the 26rd boxes you can have a couple extra rounds for a rainy day..

Posts: 1304 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Buy six boxes...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post