SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    20-round Boxes Of SD Ammo For P239 40 S&W? What?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

20-round Boxes Of SD Ammo For P239 40 S&W? What? Login/Join 
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted
Everyone knows you carry two magazines and one in the weapon. 7 x 3 = 21. What is this crap of only selling 20-rounds in a box? I mean, really?

Seriously, just glad I have three 7-round magazines!

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
If you carry three seven-round magazines and one round chambered you need 22-round boxes.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm glad I found some deals online a few years ago for Fed HST ICE and DHS overruns, 20 bux a box for 50 round boxes...haven't seen it again. They had the LE codes and were in plain boxes, also not brass casing but the price was right.

Houston Texas, if the heat don't kill ya, the skeeters will.

Posts: 359 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
21 round boxes are hard to stack into a case.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Most commercial defensive ammo and hunting ammo is sold in 20 round boxes.

Law enforcement duty ammo is typically sold in 50 round boxes.

Most of the major handgun ammo manufacturers offer their defensive loads in both 20 round and 50 round boxes. You're more likely to see only the 20 round boxes in brick and mortar stores, but there are plenty of online ammo dealers with the 50 round boxes.

The 50 round boxes are not only more convenient, but are nearly always the better deal.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
I will search for 50 round boxes. Then I can carry 22 rounds. And then, you all will love this, I can put the rest of the ammo in four more magazines. See...28/4=7! I tell you the P239 in 40 is magic just like the 1911 in 7 round magazines is.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Golden Saber (25#) if you want more than 20# but less than 50#.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
IIRC Hornady sells Critical Defense and Criticsl Duty in 25 round boxes. I buy the 50 round boxes of Critical Duty though for near the same price.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

The 50 round boxes are not only more convenient, but are nearly always the better deal.

Very true. Check out your favorite online bulk ammo supplier, I typically use Target Sports USA or SG Ammo but there are many out there. I will usually buy 250 or 500 rounds at a time (depending on caliber).

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
Here you are. I have bought from them before, good to go.

https://www.laxammo.com/handgu...0-rds-p40hst1-detail

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1321 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hambony:
I'm glad I found some deals online a few years ago for Fed HST ICE and DHS overruns, 20 bux a box for 50 round boxes...haven't seen it again. They had the LE codes and were in plain boxes, also not brass casing but the price was right.

$19.99 each, if you buy it by the case instead of box it's free shipping. Nickle coated brass cases.

Also no signature required. One of the biggest reason I buy from them. I hate having to go get packages on the weekend because I was at work when they attempted to deliver.

Works out to $405.60. This includes $5.80 for shipping insurance, since no signature required I always include it. You can leave it off and pay $399.80, but to me it's worth the extra peace of mind.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skins2881,

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chansen92
posted Hide Post
Another good bulk supplier is www.ammoman.com. they usually have three day delivery.

Posts: 1622 | Location: owosso,Mi. USA | Registered: August 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I hated when manufacturers went to 20 round boxes, but as a counter jockey, folks always complained about how expensive quality bonded hollow point was. Bottom line: converting a 20 round box into $20 in the till beat a 50 round box still sitting on the shelf at the end of the day.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
Golden Saber (25#) if you want more than 20# but less than 50#.

Aw, c'mon, man! Then he'll have three rounds jingling around in his pocket! Razz

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Nah. You'd use those three leftover rounds to test that ammo in that gun.

*bang* *bang* *bang*

"We good."

*loads up mags, sticks gun in drawer/glove box, doesn't touch it again for 12-24 months*

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by hambony:

$19.99 each, if you buy it by the case instead of box it's free shipping. Nickle coated brass cases.

Also no signature required. One of the biggest reason I buy from them. I hate having to go get packages on the weekend because I was at work when they attempted to deliver.

Works out to $405.60. This includes $5.80 for shipping insurance, since no signature required I always include it. You can leave it off and pay $399.80, but to me it's worth the extra peace of mind.

Aha! Looks like what I got (except for the box), maybe I DO have brass, just nickel coated. I was just excited for the price. lol

Houston Texas, if the heat don't kill ya, the skeeters will.

Posts: 359 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Why don't they sell 5.56/.223 in 30-round boxes? Then you can fill one 30-round magazine with just one box.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:
Yeah but who just buys the ammo and loads it without ever proving that it reliably functions in your gun?

I'd say about 90% of gun owners.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
Why don't they sell 5.56/.223 in 30-round boxes? Then you can fill one 30-round magazine with just one box.

IMI used to sell 5.56 ammunition in 1200 round cases packed in 30-round boxes inside. But now it’s just like everyone else’s: 500 or 1000 round cases in 20-round boxes. When I run drills requiring 60 rounds I have to issue out three 20-round boxes rather than two 30-rounders. Bastages! Mad

(Of course, the 30-round boxes just encouraged everyone to fully load their mags rather than only inserting 29, 28, 25, 21, or whatever as we all know is the proper number of cartridges. Perhaps, then, they realized the error of their ways and decided to save us from ourselves. Whew!)

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's funny how many folks I see buying a new pistol, picking up 2-3 boxes of ball ammo, and 1 20-round box of defensive ammo.

Really - you aren't going to run 2-3 magazines (at least) of the ammunition you intend on carrying through your new pistol?

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post