SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I hate news reporters!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I hate news reporters! Login/Join 
posted
Now we have assault pistols!

http://www.nydailynews.com/new...ng-article-1.3249808

I hope this post title is correct!

stay safe

kevin

Posts: 697 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: July 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Combat Vet:
Now we have assault pistols!

http://www.nydailynews.com/new...ng-article-1.3249808

I hope this post title is correct!

stay safe

kevin

I had the same feeling - initially.

Let me ask - would an AR pistol fall into this definition?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since an AR rifle is NOT an assault rifle, an AR pistol similarly would not be an assault pistol. Ya know why? No curvy clip thingy or a thing that flips out! Big Grin

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Since an AR rifle is NOT an assault rifle, an AR pistol similarly would not be an assault pistol. Ya know why? No curvy clip thingy or a thing that flips out! Big Grin
It might have a shoulder thing that goes up.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
"The uniformed man ultimately put an assault pistol to his head and discharged the weapon when confronted by officers, San Francisco Assistant Police Chief Toney said in a news conference Wednesday. Authorities uncovered two firearms at the scene, he added."

Roll Eyes

That's just pathetic. Absolutely pathetic.

Posts: 5070 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Would a TEC-9 be considered an assault pistol?

Posts: 10827 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

No that is just a JAM O MATIC for gangbangers.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
I hate news reporters!

Especially ones with assault keyboards.

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:

You really crack me up. Maybe a straight Magpul with Peroni's Disease.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:

No that is just a JAM O MATIC for gangbangers.

Several state governments have labeled tbe TEC-9 an assault pistol for the last 20 years or so; California being one of them. The TEC-9 was also banned by the federal government under the 1994 assault weapons ban, so this is hardly new. A police chief in California uses a label the government of California gave to a handgun over twenty years ago and it's all some clueless reporters fault.

Posts: 10827 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
What is next, Assault Lubrication?? Eek

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
Coming soon to a store near you!

Assault knives.
Assault hammers.
Assault bats.
Assault crow bars.
Assault pens.
Assault teeth.
Assault whatever.

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Jacket:
Coming soon to a store near you!

Assault knives.
Assault hammers.
Assault bats.
Assault crow bars.
Assault pens.
Assault teeth.
Assault whatever.

Don't forget the Assault shaker.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Well I have to comment, that in your thread title, you're awfully fast and loose with the term "reporters". Big Grin I don't think there's one bit of journalism alive in this country anymore. Just a bunch of pussified, lefty, Lib-tard snowflakes that know how to write Op-Ed articles...no research required!!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Well I have to comment, that in your thread title, you're awfully fast and loose with the term "reporters". Big Grin I don't think there's one bit of journalism alive in this country anymore. Just a bunch of pussified, lefty, Lib-tard snowflakes that know how to write Op-Ed articles...no research required!!!

You are correct, no more checking facts, documenting stuff, etc.

Posts: 697 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: July 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Side bar:

I took a concealed carry course from the college where I initially got my CHL permit...I believe the college has an associates degree program for LE and perhaps an academy of some sort. At any rate, I get an e-mail asking if I'd be willing to talk to the local paper (really small area south of Houston) about my experience with the course, instructor, etc.

Now I will interject at this point and say I THOROUGHLY enjoyed the course and the instructor was VERY knowledgeable...former LE at the Federal level. I learned a TON and hopefully the course better prepared me for what I might encounter in the real world and the choice(s) I might have to make.

So...seeing the e-mail, I pretty much ignored it. Since my brother and I took the class together, he got the same e-mail and we agreed...NO REPORTERS. I eventually got a call from the secretary asking if I would be willing to talk to the local paper about my experience in the class. I pretty much told her I didn't trust one "reporter" with ANYTHING related to my 2nd Amendment rights and regardless of how harmless the college thought this might be (and good advertising for their LE curriculum), I had to decline stating that I didn't trust a reporter to NOT twist anything I might say into some anti- 2nd Amendment bullshit banter.

I no more trust ANYONE in the media to convey the entire 100% complete truth to the American public anymore than I trust Charles Manson not to kill. I'd say that straight to even a relative's face if they were in that career. Worthless POS's.....

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post