SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I am a complete moron....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I am a complete moron.... Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
quote:
I am a complete moron....

Not really. A complete moron would have spent that money on some shiny object. Paying down debt, at least you have something to show for it.

Unless, of course, the debt was incurred to acquire some shiny object.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
OK, I now feel even worse. Went to check on new account a few weeks in, already got $500+ in there. Looking at breakout between employee/er. What's that? 100% vested??? A small part of the reason I had not signed up already was that I had a few job offers I was trying to get the companies to sweeten up the deal on and was contemplating leaving. Just assumed there was a vesting period. Frown

So stupid, gave up all that free $$$ that was fully vested and not dependant on how much I actually contributed to it.

Please someone learn something from this thread and don't repeat my mistake.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
It’s only up and up from here! At least you’re in now.

My company just announced they’re going to start matching contributions, right away. I thought it was archaic that they didn’t do this before, but I joined the company anyway two years ago when I saw the salary figure.

They do it really weird though. They announced they’ll be matching 27% of what you put in last year. And next year they’ll announce what they’re matching of this year’s contribution. So it’s like a once-a-year lump sum type thing. And it changes every year.

I’ll take it though!

I’m 34, and have been in the “real” workforce for 8 years now. The 401k is coming along nicely. Yours will too!

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
27%? Holy crap. That’s fantastic. My company matches at 15 and I thought that was good.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post